Thread: remo evan

User Info Menu

Default remo evan

does it matter if you mix these? if kevins readin this.. what heads do you have for your toms and snare for batter and reso.

User Info Menu

I currently have a Remo Weatherking snare head and Evans EC2's for my toms. The ONLY time keeping the same manufacturer for everything would be useful (ex: pdp hardware, evans heads, dw drums, vic firth) would be for endorsement purposes. Otherwise, it should all be to your preference.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    does it matter if you mix these? if kevins readin this.. what heads do you have for your toms and snare for batter and reso.
    No it absolutely does not.

I use remo coated ambassadors for my batters, and just my stock on my resos for my toms.
    On my snare I use several differant kinds, but my favorite is evans reverse dot head, just a great head, but I also really like the evans genera dry, but I remove the inner ring.

User Info Menu

what do you mean by the inner ring? iv always wondered that

User Info Menu

what do you mean by the inner ring? iv always wondered that
    The Evans Genera Dry snare head has a damping ring underneath the head, this head also has several little holes around the outer edge of the head, I found I really like the head better with the damping ring removed, it is just basically stuck on, and can easily be peeled off.

User Info Menu

Ohhh okay. thats why its SOO dry. at my drum lesson drum, it has a evans dry.. and its way to dry.

User Info Menu

Ohhh okay. thats why its SOO dry. at my drum lesson drum, it has a evans dry.. and its way to dry.
    Yep