Thread: Yamaha Stage Custom Birch

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha Stage Custom Birch

Hey guys! I am kind of new here, so some help would be really nice.
    Been considering getting the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch drum set, but because I live in a country (Bangladesh) that has an insanely high import duty and an utterly ridiculous customs office, I can't really buy the drums off of any website and have it shipped here. They will harass me, charge me extra money and I probably have to pay quite a bit of bribe money to perhaps get it out. (Don't ask!)

I could buy it off the Yamaha dealership here, but the kit that costs 500 USD (Note: the exchange rate is $1=80BDT) will cost me 120,000 BDT which is equivalent to 1500 USD!

What I can do however is buy the set from China and have it shipped to me via my Uncle's container ship which is always coming and going (Since Bangladesh imports a good amount of things from China). I get that it can get a little confusing, but your concentration would be very much appreciated.

So, right now I'm looking for stores IN China that will sell me the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch set. Helping me find this would do OR if ANY one of you wonderful souls can find me a proper solution to my problem, I will be in your debt.

Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Stage Custom Birch

Have you contacted Yamaha and explained your problem? Maybe Yamaha could drop-ship directly from Chinese factory to your uncle's ship while in port.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Have you contacted Yamaha and explained your problem? Maybe Yamaha could drop-ship directly from Chinese factory to your uncle's ship while in port.
    Hey, no I haven't actually. Maybe I could try that. Thanks.

Anybody else? I would love more suggestions or links to stores in China.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE I could buy it off the Yamaha dealership here, but the kit that costs 500 USD (Note: the exchange rate is $1=80BDT) will cost me 120,000 BDT which is equivalent to 1500 USD! [/QUOTE]

Ouch - 3 times the price of the US is pretty bad. We pay about 1 and a half to twice the prices of the US here in the UK for drum gear and I thought that was bad. I think I may now stop moaning. But I probably won't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    [QUOTE I could buy it off the Yamaha dealership here, but the kit that costs 500 USD (Note: the exchange rate is $1=80BDT) will cost me 120,000 BDT which is equivalent to 1500 USD!
    Ouch - 3 times the price of the US is pretty bad. We pay about 1 and a half to twice the prices of the US here in the UK for drum gear and I thought that was bad. I think I may now stop moaning. But I probably won't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate, its quite sad really. I'm guessing they make a nifty profit as well. We thought the dealership would really help us. It doesn't. =/

User Info Menu

I'm curious what bands are popular in Bangladesh now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    I'm curious what bands are popular in Bangladesh now.
    Hey mate, I could tell you. The music scene is quite big in Bangladesh right now. I'm generally quite proud of the fact that people listen to good new music everyday! Would you like to know what international music we listen to? Or what local bands are popular?

User Info Menu

What are the names of some popular songs that are played on the radio? The major bands in Bangladesh, what are their names, what are they like? I'd like to see their videos.