Thread: ware would i get a xylaphone?

User Info Menu

Question ware would i get a xylaphone?

does any one know? i cant seem to find any but the kids ones and i need a real one.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

wow xylaphones are expensive. i may have to try and get a used one and thanks dc

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

You're very welcome

User Info Menu

I love xylophones. My buddy Brent had a huge 68 piece marimba that he bought for $6000. I had a blast just playing around on it, but I couldn't do anything real cool with it. Oh, I know Roland makes a little electric xylophone, I think Neil Peart uses it on the R30.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Cool where would I get a xylophone?

Hey, 32nd--ya might have to check with a store that handles musical instruments for a school or a college. I don't think you're gonna find them at a drum shop or a Guitar Center.

If there's a college or high school near you, you might check with the music department to find their supplier and go from there.

Just a reminder, though, that xylophones, marimbas and vibraphones are similar, but not the same...vibes have a deeper, more prolonged sound than xylophones and marimbas (to me, vibes sound cooler, but that's purely personal)...

Good luck, man--
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

thanks bongo bro. i like the vibes but i need the high end because i decided im gonna put one under my hi hat at snare level, and i want it to contrast well with all the low end i get out of my kit.

User Info Menu

Nice idea davie. You don't see that many drummers incorporating those types of instruments into their kits. I've always wanted to get a vibraphone myself, but I've run out of room on my kit and those things are mucho dinero!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Cool where would I get a xylophone?

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    thanks bongo bro. i like the vibes but i need the high end because i decided im gonna put one under my hi hat at snare level, and i want it to contrast well with all the low end i get out of my kit.
    Good point, man...and now that you've detailed what you want, I understand why you want a xylophone! Good contrast! But as 1DB says, it may take mucho dinero!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yup i may have to put it off for a little while while i save up for some other stuff like geting rid of the trash can lids i call cymbals on my kit, then getting it.

User Info Menu

There is a midi unit that might work better for incorporating into a set, then you could chage between xylophone, vibes, orchestra bells, chimes, etc. http://www.alternatemode.com/ check out the Mallet Kat and Mallet Kat express. Might even be a little cheaper.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.