Thread: k costom dark or constanstinople?

User Info Menu

Default k costom dark or constanstinople?

i am absotutely in love with these cymbal lines. i love the constantinople hats, crash, flat ride, all of it, and i also love the k costom dark, ride, crash, china, and splash. if i could afford to get both i would in a heart beat. ill probably end up mixing the two, i know for certain im gonna go with the constantinople flat ride, because its gourgous, but i cant decide on the others, i know some of you use the k costom lines but im currious as to the down falls of each line. the only ones ive gotten to lay sticks to are the rides for both and the constastinople hats. does anybody know any thing about the rest of each line or use them, ive herd the mp3s but dont want to buy them untill im certain of them. thanks.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

i WISH i had constantanople ride and hats. but i DO have 14", 16", and 17" k custom dark crashes. they sound beautiful. not as "dark" as one might think. i use them mostly for jazz and quieter gigs. they produce a nice musical note with a pretty quick decay. other than the 14" wich cuts well and is pretty high pitched for a dark cymbal, they are perfect for anything short of unmic'd rock shows.

User Info Menu

thanks funky
    you actualy picked out the reason i love the darks, ive only goten to use the 16 and it felt like a perfict crash its good to know the others are nice to that should let me get a better palet of tones, thanks man

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

hey funky or anyone for that matter have you tryed the 13 inch?
    im curious how they sound

User Info Menu

Oh, how i wish i could afford some K's. Wonderfull cymbals.

User Info Menu

i cant wait to get some of them. and cristmas is comeing so i might get two before the year is out.

User Info Menu

well i broke down and spent 250 on a k costom master sound off ebay so the constatinope hats will have to wait a while seeing as how i couldnt have afforded them till febuary. but these ones are nice.

User Info Menu

Cool

i've got some 13" k's i lubs em!!!!!!

User Info Menu

just the regs or the darks?

User Info Menu

Regs For Hi Hats.....dark For Crashes,,,,,

User Info Menu

regular k custom master sounds? if darks i didnt know they make em. if they do i have to check em out.

User Info Menu

i dont think they do i got the regs

User Info Menu

Default Re: k costom dark or constanstinople?

i have a 20" K custom dark ride. i wish i had it in a 22" though, its a great ride. i hope to get some K custom dark crashes

User Info Menu

Default Re: k costom dark or constanstinople?

from what i can see...not many of you dudes own constantinople..i cant afford them either....maybe this summer....i love the K custom darks too...i think its all in what you`re looking for...i would give constantinople the edge in this contest...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes