Thread: Mia Karter

User Info Menu

Default Mia Karter

Hey Guys,

I've been playing this singer, Mia Karter, for a while now but never posted any videos. She's been doing Top-40 stuff most of the time that I've been playing with her, but she recently decided it would be cool to put together an Amy Winehouse tribute project. We've done one show, which had good turnout which is always awesome, and it is such a blast to play with a big band like this...live horns, backup singers, a costume change, it's quite a production.

She put together a promo video using footage from the first show in Long Beach, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

BTW if you ever get a chance to play with live horns, take it. It's awesome.

EDIT - and it seems she disabled viewing of the video on other websites. Looks like you'll have to follow the link over to YouTube. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by dt344; 06-19-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added comment about video
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mia Karter

Hey DT344, glad you got a chance to jam a big production like that! I do live sound for a fairly big technical supply company in South Africa, and I always enjoy mixing the bigger "show" type bands with horns and all! Just a heads up, there's no YouTube link in your post...

User Info Menu

Ah, never mind, it's working fine, just can't link it on my iPad.
    Last edited by Audiopat; 06-20-2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Correction

User Info Menu

Still doesn't work. Went to YouTube. Found it. Good stuff. For a promo item, sound quality wasn't very good though.

User Info Menu

Do you ever make it into Orange Co. or further south? Wouldn't mind checking out either edition of the project.