Thread: Band pratice video clip!

User Info Menu

Default Band pratice video clip!

Hi,
    Just want to share this video clip to everyone here! I'm using one of my "Magic-Box drum" for this band rehearsal.hope you guys enjoy it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWIe8f4FtIE

User Info Menu

Default Re: Band pratice video clip!

LOVED it!
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Simply outstanding.

User Info Menu

Seriously groovy. Did you make that drum setup yourself? Looks like it would be awesome to use for those small acoustic gigs.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Thanks Xsabers & Xweasel!
    Yes! i design & made that drum for my own use.Base on Cajon concept.But,I don't enjoy the Cajon playing position(i get tired after few songs!)& the sound.Decided to build a new one & attached with real drum-head.The top part of that box drum can open and i can keep the pedal,stick,drink inside.(very easy to carry for gigs!)

User Info Menu

Needs more cowbell!!!

HaHa...just kidding wonder1.
    Great stuff, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    Yes! i design & made that drum for my own use.Base on Cajon concept.But,I don't enjoy the Cajon playing position(i get tired after few songs!)& the sound.Decided to build a new one & attached with real drum-head.The top part of that box drum can open and i can keep the pedal,stick,drink inside.(very easy to carry for gigs!)
    Great Kit! Very creative to say the least. KUDOS!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Thanks alot Drummer D!

User Info Menu

As always Peter, super cool! I really enjoy your work sir. Much respect!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Hi,Mr.Markadiddle! Thank you.

User Info Menu

Very cool Great mix of instruments. Really enjoyed that Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Thanks Not him!

User Info Menu

Absolutely grooving! Some of the best music I've heard in a while. Great job everyone.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Thanks Kay-gee!

User Info Menu

Reminds me of old Japanese sound brought into the new. IMHO Watched it a second time Still enjoyed it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    That is awesome! I would really love to see detail pics of how you built that.

The music and band were great too! Enjoyed listening.
    Gretsch Renown RN1 ~ Silver Oyster Pearl

User Info Menu

Great Groove and a very innovative "drum kit" - you guys really sounded great. It was a real pleasure listening to you guys.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Hi,Kickinit!
    This is the video for my Magic box drum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTwFlowrGio
    (1) modify my Tama Iron-Corbra by using car's clutch cable convert it to Remote Cable Kick-pedal(2 yrs ).Build a box body(top part can be open,so that the Pedal,stick,cymbals etc and store inside for easy transporting)12" snare on the left,13" as kick on center,13"as tom on right.I prefer the hi-hat playing position this where,so that my back always straight & relax(even after 45mints gig I still feel ok)you can try build one for yourself!
    Thanks
    Wonder1

User Info Menu

Hi!
    Here's another one(sorry for some of the mistake we made during pratice!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0CZrcJ8qio
    wonder1

User Info Menu

Thanks alot Warren Wright!

User Info Menu

Awesome!
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

Great sound you're getting Peter. I enjoyed the video. So what do you find that's causing some discomfort as you play. Is it the positioning of your hands and the need to keep them at waist high level? What ergonomic changes would you try to make the sitting position more comfortable? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hi,Late8!
    As for me, I'm ok & feel relax with my both hand while playing this Box drum(even after 1 hrs band pratice).I only use this box drum for simple/low volume gig.other drummer ever try out they too like the playing position!