Thread: NEWBEATS and A ARMAND HIHATS -zildjian

User Info Menu

Default NEWBEATS and A ARMAND HIHATS -zildjian

so far I have my eyes on these guys, the sound dang good. what do you guys think? but one thing.. the A ARMAND hats are about 100's less, is this beacuase their lighter?

User Info Menu

I know new beat hats are alot more versatile, Armand hats are more for jazz type music(I think)they are not meant to be played hard.

User Info Menu

armand series is designed to sound like 60s era avedis. older newbeats were quite abit thinner than the new ones. i have a friend with old 60s or70s era 13" newbeats, they are pretty thin and quiet. i've been trying to buy them or trade for them but he is not cooperating. as far as played hard? the advertisements always mention mitch mitchell. he was a pretty hard hitter. i havnt played the armand series but i imagine they are very traditional sounding rock cymbals. with a sound you will be very familiar with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    armand series is designed to sound like 60s era avedis. older newbeats were quite abit thinner than the new ones. i have a friend with old 60s or70s era 13" newbeats, they are pretty thin and quiet. i've been trying to buy them or trade for them but he is not cooperating. as far as played hard? the advertisements always mention mitch mitchell. he was a pretty hard hitter. i havnt played the armand series but i imagine they are very traditional sounding rock cymbals. with a sound you will be very familiar with.
    Thank for correcting me funky, I was not sure, thanks.

User Info Menu

they look pretty cool. i have newer med thin crashes i use to get what i imagine is a similar sound. otherwise i would have already bought some. i still might grab the riveted armand ride.

User Info Menu

are those the new ones? the armands?

User Info Menu

no, sorry i wasnt clear they are avedis med. thin.