Thread: Broke my spring...

User Info Menu

Default Broke my spring...

I supposed it's one of the bad things about leaving my kit at the church, other drummers have access to it. Drum-zilla got on them earlier, annnddd one of the springs on my Speed Cobra pedal snapped. I'm not a happy camper right now... but at least that's all that's broken, could be a lot worse right?

Anyways, I need a replacement spring for it, any recommendations? I can't seem to find the exact ones I have online. Though, I'm not sure I even want that, considering they lasted less than a year. The ones on my Speed Cobras are a bit longer than the ones on my DW's, and I'm afraid if I buy the wrong one it'll mess with my settings. I'm extremely happy with my settings, it's pretty loose.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

Default Re: Broke my spring...

It's normal. Those springs have a severe crease in them where they hook. That is where they always break. I finally bought a Gibraltar spring. No more problems. Now I keep a extra spring just in case. The regular Iron Cobra springs don't do that. I've used those for many, many yrs. So if I were you I'd go ahead and buy a couple springs that aren't for the SC. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Drum-zilla hehehe

User Info Menu

buy a DW

User Info Menu

my Iron Cobra spring broke real early in its life...replaced with Gibraltor years ago, no issues since...disappointing isnt it...

User Info Menu

im surprised you broke the ic spring they are super hardy

User Info Menu

The IC spring was nowhere near the thickness of the Gibraltor spring used to replace it

User Info Menu

drumnetics no spring