Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The long road back home

User Info Menu

Default The long road back home

That's right, I have returned at long last. The story behind leaving? I never did! I just lost my memory for a long time due to a massive blow to the head(ex-girlfriend slammed it against a wall). Doctor said there was a good chance i'd develop brain damage and would die unless I stayed in the ICU. That idiot! I said screw that, i'm walking out of this hospital. All I got was some amnesia for awhile, but the months passed and now I got all my memories back. Life continues as normal. I tell my brain what to do it does not tell me!!! I command it to heal!

Uh, so anyways.. What's been up around here? Anything major happen in like a year or something? Any important threads to read, policy changes, things of that nature? Is everyone on here alright? Oh yeah, i'd really like to thank drummer for sending me that email reminder, without it I probably wouldn't have remembered to return, so you were part of my recovery. That means a lot, appreciate it.

See the rest of you around the boards!
    Last edited by Russ; 07-21-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Default Re: The long road back home

Damn Russ, you get story of the year! That's incredible! So glad you're OK and great to have you back.

User Info Menu

Welcome back
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Good thing you didn't get seriously hurt Russ!! Glad you made it out without any complications!!! Welcome back dude!!

User Info Menu

We were wondering where you ran off to....................welcome back Russ

User Info Menu

I was wondering big time. Now we have another russ but that's OK.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Yayy Russ you are back
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Great to see you back Russ, it's been awhile.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Uh, so anyways.. What's been up around here? Anything major happen in like a year or something? Any important threads to read, policy changes, things of that nature?!

Yeah, the forum has changed to guitar chat.......got any info or tips to offer??

Good to see ya back
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Hopefully you don't remember your criteria for choosing girlfriends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    +1................sounds like good................no, great advice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    lol!!! Love your sense of humor!! Thanks for making me laugh....as always!!

User Info Menu

Welcome back, Russ! I've been wondering where you went. Hope you're doing alright.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The long road back home

Russ: To paraphrase the Beatles, we're happy to see the "long and winding road" has led ya back to our door!

Welcome back, and wishin' ya continued success on your recovery!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

RUSS!!! So glad to have you back, man! I have found that you can leave this place for any length of time and it will be like you never even left.

I think one change of note is that the number of sisters in this family is growing - you might want to watch out for us!

Keep getting better!
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

How did that happen???

User Info Menu

Welcome back Russ!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Damn Russ, you get story of the year!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    How did that happen???
    yep it like this

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Russ, it's very nice to see you back. I'm sorry you went through such a tough time, but I'm also glad to hear that the injury proved less than permanent.

I guessing the girlfriend will remain a distant memory.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow, a lot of warm welcomes, I forgot how nice it was here being caged with that freaking animal of an ex girlfriend so long. Thank you all very very much, and definitely i'll need to be a little more careful about the company I keep in the future, kinda sucks to go back to being anti-social and friendless irl but maybe that's just what my destiny is? I seem to have problems functioning/interacting with other people, so that could be one thing I should've considered before going into it. I wouldn't say either of us really picked each other, just sort of happened and grew into a clark kent/lex luthor showdown.

Guitars though? Don't know much about em, I did find an unused in case violin at goodwill though, haven't gotten around to using it yet. I think the diet and exercise is keeping my diet in check, and I spend my rest days either on the kit or training hands and feet with rudiments. I like to just bury myself in work/hobbies, it's like my medicine.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Russco! Jeez, thought you disappeared off the face of the Earth, wondered what the heck happened! Sounded like you went through the wringer for sure. Hope you're on the path of recovery alright, and it's good to see you back on board over here at DC.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

It's going much better now, Drumbledore - thanks man. For what it's worth i'm glad i've been through it, I feel a lot stronger and less distracted. It changed my attitude on life, and I think that I needed that sort of adjustment to not only learn things about myself, but also about how the world works(and also appreciate being alive). I hope I gained a little maturity that I was missing before, because I sure do feel different. *laughs at self*
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Russ man, I am so sorry I should of read this thread before talking to you this morning. I thought you were pulling my leg when you said you had amnesia. Jeez gotta come around more often and read threads before talking in the shout box. I hope the next woman you get is more civilized to you.

User Info Menu

Russ first off so glad your back. Second sorry about the girlfriend and what happened, but we learn from our mistakes. We all get second chances and that goes a long way with drummer. Long story but I will tell you about it later in pm.Violin what the hell your a DRUMMER. I repeat YOUR A DRUMMER. Gonna send you a pm every day YOUR A DRUMMER. Again like all have said so glad you are back BUD
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Russ first off so glad your back. Second sorry about the girlfriend and what happened, but we learn from our mistakes. We all get second chances and that goes a long way with drummer. Long story but I will tell you about it later in pm.Violin what the hell your a DRUMMER. I repeat YOUR A DRUMMER. Gonna send you a pm every day YOUR A DRUMMER. Again like all have said so glad you are back BUD
    It's okay, i'm not going to turn into a violinist any time soon. I don't even know how to string the things, haha. Anyways yeah, definitely still doing the drumming - only now I just have to balance it out with training so it's something of a challenge to manage everything all mixed together. Really though, thanks again for the welcomes and i'm glad to see so many familiar faces. Girls are crazy though, I don't know how anyone does it.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments