Thread: Uriah Heep Live 1973

User Info Menu

Default Uriah Heep Live 1973

Incredible live album which I wore out listening to through high school among so many other great albums. Lee Kerslake drums.

Last edited by Olimpass; 03-29-2020 at 12:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Uriah Heep Live 1973

Love that band.

User Info Menu

One of my favorite live albums ever. I was in a band in the 80s and we used to cover The Wizard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    One of my favorite live albums ever. I was in a band in the 80s and we used to cover The Wizard.
    +1

Covered Easy Livin' and Sweet Lorraine back in the early 80's ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    +1!! Uriah Heep was one of my favorites bands. My fav song..."July Morning"

User Info Menu

A friend of mine became friends with U.H. keyboardist Ken Hensley many years ago. They still talk time to time.

User Info Menu

For two years I worked for a major sound reinforcement company that did many, many rock tours from 1969 until they sold out decades later.

I worked the Uriah Heep tour during 1973, but it was months after this recording. I remember the opening act on the leg I worked was Blue Oyster Cult. Both bands put on a good show..............good memories.

Unfortunately, the most vivid memory I have is that David Byron was a total A-hole.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

This is a great album, haven't heard it in years. Think I'll head to iTunes and pick it up.

User Info Menu

Yes, great band, I had forgotten about them till now thanks for sharing Oly.

User Info Menu

Saw BOC open for UH and they had a real bad time trying follow them.

BOC had that monster stage show and were getting boo'd when they came on(didn't help the guitar player broke his arm before the show either).
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Love me some U.H.

User Info Menu

Underrated band! I grew up listening to these guys a lot! "July Morning"...great anthem tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Underrated band! I grew up listening to these guys a lot! "July Morning"...great anthem tune.
    Yes, very underrated.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Stealin’

User Info Menu

I think most bands I've been in have covered a lot of their hits. I've personally played through several of their albums while ramping up my rock capabilities back in the day.

I saw them live in a converted movie theater and was blown away by the drum solo that was all done with strobe lights and triggers. Back in the 70's that was some cool chittola! I remember the light show more than the solo itself.

Looking back, I'm surprised I remember that much.
    Signature here