Thread: Armand Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Armand Cymbals

Anyone heard anything about these? They look very bright and have quite a nice tone from what I've heard...but that doesn't compare to first hand experience. I'm looking at maybe purchasing some of these, so shoot!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I just checked these out a few days ago, and personally its the best cymbal Iv ever heard, i love bright sounds cymbals, and these are it. Im thinkin of getting the meduim thin 16" A armand. however, i havnt tested these in person.. and im not sure how im going to do that.. mabye ill take a chance. they sound awsome.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Default i hate them

there so freakin bright almost as if all you can here is overtone i hate em

User Info Menu

Default Armand 18" Med-Thin

I was looking for another cymbal to complement my Avedis 18" med-thin crash so i brought my cymbal w/me to my favorite drum store. The guy helping me recommended the 18" version of this cymbal. I was a little hesitant since this was a new line of cymbal from Zildjian & there weren't any reviews to read up on. Anyway, we put the cymbals together & i stood across the room so i could hear how they sounded when he hit them. If you love the Avedis line, you'll love these as well. Bright & responsive, & because of their med-thin weight, they're loud when you need them to be. I suggest handpicking the one you like since the same cymbals will all sound differently. I wouldn't take a chance & buy any cymbal online. You may not like it. And don't go by how it sounds when your hitting them. Make sure someone else hits them & you can hear how it sounds when you're across the room so the sound projects at you. It totally sounds different. This is a nice sounding crash that'll go w/all types of music. Check 'em out. You won't be disappointed. Complements my "A" perfectly & compliments to Zildjian once again for another fine product! Oh, by the way, the sound clips for this cymbal are way off. Totally useless. Two thumbs up for this cymbal.

User Info Menu

As others have mentioned - nice and bright and would compliment a lot of music.

I have a 19' Armand Beautiful Baby Ride due anyday now !

I am also on the hunt for another 16 or 18 crash and will take a demo on the Armands then as well.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

I prefer A Customs, but your choice, they are a little bright for my liking but sure go ahead, really worth the money.

User Info Menu

Arrow Rumor...?

As I understand it, these are supposed to be jazzy sounding cymbals. At least that's what the ad in my issue of Modern Drummer said. Rumor or not?

Also, I think you should post a review of the Armand 18" in the reviews section Oz
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

They are NICE cymbals but not to my taste. They are too bright for me.

User Info Menu

if you can imagine a vintage 60s avedis...but new. thats what they are supposed to sound like.

User Info Menu

Hmm..never heard before....

So it is one of Zildjian product ???
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Armand Cymbals

okay cymbals for jazz but they are VERY expensive

User Info Menu

i want these cymbals so badly! but they;re like $1,300 or something :( i gotta save up, it'll take ages!
    BIANCA!!
    -----------
    My kit
    ------------

Set up like Ringo Starr's kit...
    22" bass drum
    Brand: DXP
    Cymbals: Zildjian ZBT Ride, DXP hi-hats and Crash.
    Snare: 14 x 6
    Tom Tom: 12 x 11
    Floor Tom: 16 x 16
    Hi-hats: 14" , Crash: 16", Ride: 18"

"Life Is What Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans" - John lennon

User Info Menu

Compared to the A customs, I prefer the armand rides, prefer the A custom crashes and like the splashes about the same.

Is there any armand chinas? if there is, then the shop I buy from doesnt stock them . :(
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

The very best Armand Zildjian signed cymbals are the K Constantinople line and they are very, very expensive. I got a 20" ride several years ago at sale for $335. It is incredibly beautiful but very light...not suitable for rock, metal or big band like I play. I use it to play soft ballads and some Latin styles. The newer Armand line up is slightly more affordable and built for Rock player...that's the high pitch you get. I tried them in store and didn't like them because I play Big Band and like mine to be more articulate and dryer. What this all says is...go with what sounds best to you for what you want to hear and play.

User Info Menu

Yeah I love my 22 K Constantinople. It has that dreamy "Elvin jones on a ballad" sound which I totally love. You are correct Frank...it just cant cut through much where electrical instruments are added and the volume is up. I consider it a perfect "piano" cymbal. The heavier the cymbal, the more cutting and bright will be the sound...regardless of the manufacturer.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Yeah, K-G...I knew there was something about you I liked...incredible taste in cymbals. Actually, there is the K Constantinople 21" big Band Ride and that baby cuts through well enough. I surprised myself when I bought a big Band ride by going with the Istanbul AGOP hand made Mel Lewis model rather than the Constantinople. I just liked the darker quality of the Istanbul and it does make a nice contrast for my lighter K Con.