Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drum chatt

User Info Menu

Default drum chatt

This could be just be me but.... do you ever think mabye the bunch of drummers here that are really determined to get better and get real good are very hard to find in the world and we are just a one of a kind gorup that just REALLY loves drums. I know it sounds unrealistic.. and most likely it is.. but i still think about it.

User Info Menu

I know other drummers online who's really loves to play drums like we do, not as crazy and fun though.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

There are a lot of drum forums on the internet with people who love drumming. However, I can honestly say that there isn't a better drum forum out there. I've searched and tried out many drum forums within the last 7 months and I don't visit any of them at all anymore. Drumchat is the only forum, from what I can see, that has a "shoutbox", has the best information and without a doubt the best group of people. I don't think you'll find a group like ours anywhere....... We are a cyber family, I don't get that feeling from the other forums........

User Info Menu

very true. iv tried some drum chats.. left em all for this one

User Info Menu

many sites out there Lafirin!

but drum chat RAWKS!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    There are a lot of drum forums on the internet with people who love drumming. However, I can honestly say that there isn't a better drum forum out there. I've searched and tried out many drum forums within the last 7 months and I don't visit any of them at all anymore. Drumchat is the only forum, from what I can see, that has a "shoutbox", has the best information and without a doubt the best group of people. I don't think you'll find a group like ours anywhere....... We are a cyber family, I don't get that feeling from the other forums........
    Sue you took the words right out of my mouth, I completely agree whole heartedly, absolute best drum forum around.

User Info Menu

ya before this i was on some drum solo artist one, it was so bad nobody helped me and the moderator kind of snapped at me, then i went to the pearl one and there was way too much going on i had no idea what was happening, and then i saw this site and found it to be the best one and everyone here is so nice and there arent too many

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Sue you took the words right out of my mouth, I completely agree whole heartedly, absolute best drum forum around.
    Well it's the best because of people like you Kev. Thank you for posting your videos and sharing your wealth of knowledge. You are an essential part of this forum and we are blessed to have you in the drumchat family

User Info Menu

I have to say that I found my way here in April, and I have never wanted to go anywhere else. You have all been great at offering suggestions and encouragement when I needed it most. I have enjoyed laughing with you all, and we have shared some of our trying times. I have gotten to know you, and I feel very comfortable here. I really don't care what anyone else offers. This will always be the place for me. Thanks, everyone, for making Drum Chat so special!

BTW, LW, your new avatar is very cool!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Well it's the best because of people like you Kev. Thank you for posting your videos and sharing your wealth of knowledge. You are an essential part of this forum and we are blessed to have you in the drumchat family
    Thanks

User Info Menu

I just love this site. I would feel different somewhere else ya know.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i love this place. im pritty sure if it was a store or building i would never leave.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

wow! 2 threads about drum char praising huh? this place really does deserve it.

User Info Menu

Yep, drummer and su_admin run a real nice place for us drummers!

Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

yeah thanks guys! iv learned TONNNNS here. i can talk "fancy drum" talk to the pros now :D it feels pretty good sometimes. well.. not fancy but technical for sure

User Info Menu

i know that feeling i used the words paiste collor sounds at my local gituar center yesterday and got a lot more respect, and maybe a job if i want one.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

thats sweet man. yeah i love sayin all that fancy slang, makes yea feel more (in the croud) of mucicians.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I have to say that I found my way here in April, and I have never wanted to go anywhere else. You have all been great at offering suggestions and encouragement when I needed it most. I have enjoyed laughing with you all, and we have shared some of our trying times. I have gotten to know you, and I feel very comfortable here. I really don't care what anyone else offers. This will always be the place for me. Thanks, everyone, for making Drum Chat so special!

BTW, LW, your new avatar is very cool!!!
    Im with you PB, I have no need to be a part of any other forum. Thanks for the avatar comment mate.

User Info Menu

btw LW, I was thinkin of yea today, about you and and your fiance, how you guys doin? i know you were gettin marryed and all.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your thoughts Laf! going really well. Everything is pretty much organised for the wedding including the honeymoon, bridal party, cars, dj, photographer, wife (lol), wedding dress, suits etc etc Wedding is on March the 8th 2008 (March 7th would be your date over in the States).

The time is going quick and its starting to be pretty exciting. I'll keep ya updated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts Laf! going really well. Everything is pretty much organised for the wedding including the honeymoon, bridal party, cars, dj, photographer, wife (lol), wedding dress, suits etc etc Wedding is on March the 8th 2008 (March 7th would be your date over in the States).

The time is going quick and its starting to be pretty exciting. I'll keep ya updated
    Congrat LW, I didn't know you were getting married, good for you. I hope you have a long and happy life together.

User Info Menu

I think you're right, man. I mean hey, I posted my crappy drumming pretty much right off the bat. How's THAT for feelin' at home? I never did that before... never wrote a review before, either. If I thought this was a bunch o' hardheads, no way, Ray.

Besides, you gotta love the benefits like the Free Hot Coffee!.
    *sip.... ahhhhhhh *spill.... MEOW!... *peel out... *crash! (cymbal falls) *cringe.
    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not just as good now as it was then.

User Info Menu

if it not the best forum drummer it one of the best

poeple are very helpfull

long live to drum chat

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Thanks guys who gave me some of the credit for this site. The real credit however goes to Drum Bum. They laid down the ground rules in the beginning... that this place would be about mutual respect first and foremost. As I've said before, that's what interested me and why I got onboard. It's not the biggest drum forum out there but it is a place where you know you'll be respected and treated well. Which is the way it should be everywhere in my opinion, but you know how that goes.

Also, most attention needs to go to the regulars here (too many to mention and I don't want to exclude anyone) that hold this place up and make it a fun place to visit. Without their involvement and regular posts, we wouldn't have anything to chat about! LOL

Specical thanks to Pastor Bob and Drum Chick who recently volunteered to help with moderation. I can't thank you enough!

Rock on Drum Chat!!
    Last edited by drummer; 10-08-2007 at 08:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Special thanks to Drum Chick for finally giving us a mooning smiley.