Thread: I've learned so much here.

User Info Menu

Default I've learned so much here.

This and one other forum that I participate in, are such a blessing. I've learned a lot from everyone here. I've recently learned how to play Dbl. and triple stroke rolls. Now I know that might seem odd, since I've been playing for 44 yrs. I've always thought bouncing the stick, wasn't really playing. I thought you had to actually play every note, or you really wasn't playing it. Kind of dumb huh? I think the open close technique, is what made me realize how to play these rolls. It was the triple that I learned first. I bounced the 2nd note and closed my fingers to play the 3 rd note. I've been able to use this technique on my ride also, playing 3 and 4 notes. Open, bounce, bounce, close. I've also been working on using my finger tips to play singles. like the metal guys, playing blast beats on their snare drums. Nothing is really moving but your fingers. Some of the jazz drummers I've watched have really influenced me also. Continuous release, swivel, heel toe, technique. These are all starting to become a reality also. Not to blow my own horn, but I've always been a good heal up player, playing quick Dbls. and all. I grew up playing, Deep Purple, Zeppelin, and stuff like that. Learning these techniques has really got excited, and inspired. I want to share my joy, and say thank you to all the posters on here. From the kids all the way up to the pros. By the way, some of the kids just blow my mind. Thank you all.

User Info Menu

Default Re: I've learned so much here.

I've learned a lot also from reading this forum. Drum Chat is one of the best sites on internet.

User Info Menu

I, too, have learned a lot here, and Lefty, it's great to hear how you're growing even after 44 years.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Same, even after a few years, no matter what you still find new topics popping up with information you can use. It's grown into a vast drumming library for all ages to enjoy.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

same here I've learned a lot about gear which is why i joined
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Man, it's always good to hear the compliments! Thanks Lefty, I'll pass this on to the owners. I'm sure they'd appreciate hearing it.