Thread: Sabian O-Zone series

User Info Menu

Default Sabian O-Zone series

Hey all .. new here .. i'm seriously considering purchasing Sabian HHX Evolution O-Zone crash cymbal. Probably the 16'' because the sound sample on their website sounds better and is more what I am looking for. I haven't tried it at my usual music store because they didn't have it in stock.

Basically, I've heard used by other drummers live, and I enjoy the trash crash feel it has. Does anybody own or maybe played with that cymbal? What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

User Info Menu

Well they sure do look cool. I'd use them as an effect cymbal though rather than a crash.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

yah they have really short sustain
    think of it as a china without the whole super high pitched gong action hahaha

User Info Menu

ive beat one in the store. it seems more of a novelty cymbal than a main crash. i like the evo series. i have the 10 and 12 splashes.

User Info Menu

I played on the 16" before and it was pretty decent as a performance cymbal but I would never personally use it as a main crash. They also tend to be a little on the flemsy side so I would definately get the performance warranty.
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3817&dateline=1195493  851