Thread: Help with Sonor S-Class drums

User Info Menu

Default Help with Sonor S-Class drums

I just saw a used 5pc set of Sonor S-Class drums at Guitar Center for around $800. I tried doing some research on them and couldn't find much. I'm really starting to become a fan of Sonor. If anyone has any knowledge of them or may own them, any info would be great.

I've read that they might be made in China instead of Germany and they tend to have thicker shells, which is good because I tend to like the sound of thicker shells.

also are they pro level kits? since I'm looking for a pro level kit.

any info would be much appreciated

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help with Sonor S-Class drums

Early ones were German made 9 ply maple/birch shells, later (called S-Class Pro I believe) were 9 ply maple/birch and made in China. They have different lugs and badges. Here's a good link for telling them appart... http://sonormuseum.com/identify/indentify.html
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Early ones were German made 9 ply maple/birch shells, later (called S-Class Pro I believe) were 9 ply maple/birch and made in China. They have different lugs and badges. Here's a good link for telling them appart... http://sonormuseum.com/identify/indentify.html
    thanks!!

I just rechecked on the guitarcenter site and it's an S-Class Maple...looks to be a great deal for $800

also just got an email back from Guitar Center saying they're the German made ones.
    Last edited by PeterBowman; 08-13-2014 at 12:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBowman View Post
    thanks!!

I just rechecked on the guitarcenter site and it's an S-Class Maple...looks to be a great deal for $800

also just got an email back from Guitar Center saying they're the German made ones.
    jump on it at 800 for maple only

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Peter, Sonor S-Class drums are definitely pro quaility. At $800, if they are in good shape, you'd have quite a deal.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

BackStreetDrums Guest

I play Sonor...that is a good deal. Go for it if you can.

Steve Smith, who has been a SONOR endorser since his Journey days played the S-class before upgrading to the newer Pro.

User Info Menu

$800 is a smoking deal