Thread: DW Concrete Snares

stickks Guest

Default DW Concrete Snares

Does anyone have one? If so, how is it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Concrete Snares

I don't have one but they look and sound good online.
    Sabian!!!

stickks Guest

Do you think it would be a good contrast and alternative to a plate brass snare?

User Info Menu

Im not really sure I've only heard them online so my opinion is just as good as yours sense i've never had the 2 together.
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

i have played on one in store only

not a fan ...really heavy as you could imagine...didn't sound as unique as it looks and as it should be ...

not a snare you would play at a gig or in the studio ...so whats it for ....?

stickks Guest

I hear ya. Just looking for a secondary snare to compliment the plate brass q snare. Probably should find a good wood snare. Wish I could find a good solid snare that wasn't so damn expensive.

User Info Menu

have you looked at the mapex black panther range ? they are good value

i would suggest going with Brady snare if money wasn't and issue....DW Concrete is an expensive snare

User Info Menu

heard them online and didn't really care for it...seems more of a novelty to me...but if money's not an issue, give some Joyful Noise snares a shot

User Info Menu

icon series... I know little too expensive so how bout the edge drums little pricey but not crazy $$$$$$.
    Sabian!!!

stickks Guest

Went to Lone Star Percussion today, checked out a bunch of snares. Ended up getting a Q Drum Co 14x7 10 ply maple with 10 ply re enforcement rings in a blue satin stain. Believe it or not to my ears, it sounded better than the Brady I tried. The DW Concrete snare was interesting. VERY loud, but since I have a loud brass snare, I loved the wood sounding snare the best, and yes, it did to me sound better than the Brady snare.