Thread: Steal for New Add On's for my Meridian Maple

User Info Menu

Default Steal for New Add On's for my Meridian Maple

I absolutely love my 10/12/14/14/20 Meridian Maple kit, and with a few sets in the house it was decided (that means my wife decided) that I should sell my Superstars.

The bassist and I resting at a gig.
    [/URL][/IMG]

So, to replace them I've been on the lookout for a 22" kick and 16" FT for the Mapex kit. New add on's were big $, $540 for the kick and $290 for FT, so I was looking for used and used kits. After a lot of looking around and waiting, I found a store that was selling a new kit, I got it as a 4 pc, for a decent price. It kept going on and off a sale, and I kept asking for a better deal. Eventually, they say by accident, the price came way down, so I pulled the trigger.

So here's the 12/14/16/22 4 pc I got for $411.75 shipped (no tax). Even if I kept all the drums it's about half of what I would have paid for just the kick and snare. Of course, my plan is to sell the 12" tom and the snare for around $200 or so, making this an awesome find!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

This will give me 10/12/14/16/20/22 and a 14 snare for the Mapex, with a lot of flexibility for different setups.

Only downside is I had them shipped to my Dad's where I was going to be working, but they came Saturday and I missed them . Have to wait until tomorrow.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Default Re: Steal for New Add On's for my Meridian Maple

I did something similar when I heard they discontinued the line. I also found two component toms for a great deal, so I essentially have two full kits now. I'm tempted to ask you about that extra snare... but I really don't need it.

User Info Menu

QS, PM me if you are interested in the snare (although it's not even here yet).

I'd be more than happy to work a good deal for a DC brother. I definitely don't need it and I'm not desperate to maximize profits, so to speak.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Thanks! I'll think about it. I really do have too many drums. 8/10/10/12/12/13/14/16/18/22/22/22/14... and those are just the Meridian ones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    Thanks! I'll think about it. I really do have too many drums. 8/10/10/12/12/13/14/16/18/22/22/22/14... and those are just the Meridian ones.
    Love it - but how do you manage to live without a 20" kick?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    That's a lot of drums LOL! 18 is a kick?
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    I absolutely love my 10/12/14/14/20 Meridian Maple kit, and with a few sets in the house it was decided (that means my wife decided) that I should sell my Superstars.

The bassist and I resting at a gig.
    [/URL][/IMG]

So, to replace them I've been on the lookout for a 22" kick and 16" FT for the Mapex kit. New add on's were big $, $540 for the kick and $290 for FT, so I was looking for used and used kits. After a lot of looking around and waiting, I found a store that was selling a new kit, I got it as a 4 pc, for a decent price. It kept going on and off a sale, and I kept asking for a better deal. Eventually, they say by accident, the price came way down, so I pulled the trigger.

So here's the 12/14/16/22 4 pc I got for $411.75 shipped (no tax). Even if I kept all the drums it's about half of what I would have paid for just the kick and snare. Of course, my plan is to sell the 12" tom and the snare for around $200 or so, making this an awesome find!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

This will give me 10/12/14/16/20/22 and a 14 snare for the Mapex, with a lot of flexibility for different setups.

Only downside is I had them shipped to my Dad's where I was going to be working, but they came Saturday and I missed them . Have to wait until tomorrow.
    Nice addition Jesse!! That's going to be a sweet set up!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    Love it - but how do you manage to live without a 20" kick?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    That's a lot of drums LOL! 18 is a kick?
    Haha! My VX had 20" kicks, and I sold my extra 18" VX floor tom that was converted to a kick with a DW9909. I'll spare you the long story. I really wanted to find a Manhattan configuration (for the 18" bass and 12x8 rack tom), but they didn't make many in black, and none of them are for sale. I ended up finding a similar deal like kaosotis did. I will, at some point, cut two of the bass drums down four inches to 22x14", so I don't feel bad that they're all the same.

(I missed a 16" floor tom. I have two of those.) So I have the set I won 10/12/14/16/22/14 and the set I built 8/10/12/13/16/18/22/22. Theres also a 14x8" maple MPX snare in matching color that I put Meridian lugs and throwoff on to make it match. I should've robbed the badge too.
    I still want that transparent midnight black Manhattan configuration though.

User Info Menu

I have a Manhattan Meridian and found a matching 22" kick for $300 a few years back. Gives me options.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the great deal. It's nice to have options.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I had 10/12/14/16/22 with 14 snare on the Superstars I sold, so I figured I should use some of the $ from selling them to add on to be able to do the same with this kit. Of course I also have the 20" kick, so even more options .

The drums are in, but weren't shipped to my house and with my back out I can't really move them yet. Want to see them, and to get the extra 2 drums on fleabay ASAP.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Yummy color! Congratulations on your(first?) Mapex kit. I have the predecessor to these and never get tired of hearing them.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Yummy color! Congratulations on your(first?) Mapex kit. I have the predecessor to these and never get tired of hearing them.
    It is my first Russ, and I love them.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K