Thread: Dbl Bass Pedal problem

User Info Menu

Default Dbl Bass Pedal problem

I've been having a problem where my left pedal on my double bass pedal keeps sliding forward. I play a DW 4000 that is no more than 5 months old and the velcro doesn't do much any more. any suggestions?

User Info Menu

There should be some spikes on the base corners. Are these out? If so, they'll help grip the floor. Otherwise, the velcro might be clogged with fiber. Try cleaning it out. If those two things don't work, you may want to replace the velcro with some newer, possibly thicker, velcro. You need it to grab or the pedal will be working against you.

User Info Menu

Default You can also

velcro it to your HH stand
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    velcro it to your HH stand
    something screams at me that this may not work well....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    There should be some spikes on the base corners. Are these out? If so, they'll help grip the floor. Otherwise, the velcro might be clogged with fiber. Try cleaning it out. If those two things don't work, you may want to replace the velcro with some newer, possibly thicker, velcro. You need it to grab or the pedal will be working against you.
    What drummer said

User Info Menu

In the immortal words of 1DB (I'm pretty sure it was him):

"Duct Tape. LOTS of duct tape."

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Another quick fix is if you have a drum rug there's a good product for this problem. There's stoppers (don't know the technical term) that you can fasten through your rug that will hold your gear in place. A side benefit is that it serves as a floor map for easy set up. Blessings.........
    Last edited by middleman; 10-17-2007 at 06:02 AM.

User Info Menu

You might consider zip ties. Just zip tie it to your high hat stand. When you move your kit cut the zip tie (wire ties) and replace it when set up again. I notice that my pedals act differantly on differant types of carpet. normally thay hold real good with just velcro, but when I have set up on say those persion type rugs they well not hold even with the spikes extended, so I carry the zip ties for those occasions when I dont use my gig rug and have to set up on someone elses rug. It works for me