Thread: bass

User Info Menu

Default bass

I have a question concerning the distance of the mallet from the base drum itself.
    It seems like mine may be set to far back,is there a certain distance it should be from the drum or is it just personal preference?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    I have a question concerning the distance of the mallet from the base drum itself.
    It seems like mine may be set to far back,is there a certain distance it should be from the drum or is it just personal preference?
    It's really just preference, but if it seems too far back, try adjusting you're pedal closer to the head on the rim, if that doesn't work, you may be able to make it comfortable by adjusting the tension spring on it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kryshah View Post
    It's really just preference, but if it seems too far back, try adjusting you're pedal closer to the head on the rim, if that doesn't work, you may be able to make it comfortable by adjusting the tension spring on it.
    The pedal is as close to the head as it gets ,i think the mallet just may be back to far ,I wasnt sure how far up I should go

User Info Menu

from what iv experienced, to close is no good, and to far is no good, a 45 degree angel works the best for me

User Info Menu

Too close and you'll feel like your trying to put the mallet through the head whenever you use the kick. Too far and you hahve to try too hard to make it all the way, effecting your speed. You should be able to adjust this though.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Personal preference...try it at all angles. Whatever works for you. Mine are about 45 degrees away from the head.

User Info Menu

Typically with your foot resting on the pedal, the beater should be about 2-2.5 inches away from the head, adjusting the cam will correct this, but will also require a little spring adjustment as well.