Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strongly Considering Getting a Rack...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Strongly Considering Getting a Rack...

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Well, that would be ok for small bars and such, but what would you bring for a BIG show?
    Lol. When I was playing clubs I always used a kit this size. If the club or stage was not large enough we didn't take the gig. But back in my day things were a lot different then they are now. We used to have a 24 foot box truck that carried our full show around. Light show full sound system for house and stage, plus our personal gear.

I just couldn't do the gigs that are out there today , 4 piece kit with two speakers on stands for sound. I applaud the guys that can do that but I'm glad I came up in the business when I did. Yeah we all have bad backs from loading in and out every week, but we put on one heck of a rock show.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Strongly Considering Getting a Rack...

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I just couldn't do the gigs that are out there today , 4 piece kit with two speakers on stands for sound.
    Played a secondary stage at a county fair this summer and ran into this situation. The folks at the fair even provided a sound guy for us but why bother when you're running the entire band through two speakers?

The band on the "main" stage had it better: