Thread: needing to mic?

User Info Menu

Default needing to mic?

my school has this thing every spring where bands can play and stuff and we dont do anythign at school and just sit around.

the bands play outside at the corner of an L shape part of the building, and theres probably like 200 people that watch, i would be playing with a guitarist over an amp and probably bassist and keyboardist also, do you think i would need to mic any part of my set, or do you think i could be fine without micing it.

User Info Menu

depends on if your band can play at a good dynamic. so the place your playing is L shaped with 2 concrete walls? that will help with projection. i would pack a kick mic and 1 overhead just in case. that is what i use for most situations when we dont have a sound man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    depends on if your band can play at a good dynamic. so the place your playing is L shaped with 2 concrete walls? that will help with projection. i would pack a kick mic and 1 overhead just in case. that is what i use for most situations when we dont have a sound man.
    I completely agree, kick mic and 1 OH mic, should do great.

User Info Menu

If I was your guitarist, you'd need mics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    If I was your guitarist, you'd need mics.
    i'd just put you in the magic lead guitar player box, as seen at the blue man group show i saw last night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i'd just put you in the magic lead guitar player box, as seen at the blue man group show i saw last night.
    How was the show funky?

User Info Menu

pretty awesome. more musical than i thought it would be. my son scored free tix from school. we had a great time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    my school has this thing every spring where bands can play and stuff and we dont do anythign at school and just sit around.

the bands play outside at the corner of an L shape part of the building, and theres probably like 200 people that watch, i would be playing with a guitarist over an amp and probably bassist and keyboardist also, do you think i would need to mic any part of my set, or do you think i could be fine without micing it.
    I would say no but how loud do they play and how many watts are the amps? Like already said, you'll have lots of projection from the walls of the building. Blessings......