Thread: How many places do you keep drumsticks?

User Info Menu

Default How many places do you keep drumsticks?

How many places do you keep drumsticks? Do you have them in places other than just your stick bag?

I've got drumsticks in my practice room, my car, in my office and in my garage (along with other spare parts).

User Info Menu

Default Re: How many places do you keep drumsticks?

All my sticks are now by my drumset(s), but, in my gigging days, I found that various parts of our guitar players anatomy did the job of holding my sticks quite nicely.

User Info Menu

I used to keep sticks at the practice place but when returning after a few weeks, I'd find what looked like beaver had got to them around the snare drum stand and floor leaving splinters plus occasional blood stains on various drums.

User Info Menu

They're everywhere in my house.......with the exception of our two bathrooms. Even then....it's not uncommon to see a pair of sticks on the bathroom counter.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Stick holder, in stick bag and in corner in drum room lol. Also have pair in truck for when Im back in bush for the week. Some of my older sticks are gone to 3rd world countries (along with old heads) for the kids.
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

I have sticks laying around everywhere... I keep them in the car, TV room, bedroom, practice room... never know when you want to air drum

User Info Menu

Stick bag, stick holder on hi hat stand, bass drum tension rods, practice room, drum gear and supply closet.

User Info Menu

In my gear bag, car, next to my kit, on the dining room table, foyer, kitchen and I carry them to restaurants and bars (everybody loves drummers). So that's seven places.
    Last edited by 8beat; 10-25-2014 at 05:25 PM.

User Info Menu

In my drumstick holder and stick bag.

User Info Menu

I keep them all in a quiver

User Info Menu

Just my stick bag, except for the four old ones that I used for running a marking line in my recent yard project.
    Mapex Drums / Ludwig Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Tama Pedals & Hardware / Remo and Aquarian
    Heads /
    Vic Firth Sticks

User Info Menu

stick bag, a pair on my practice kit, some on the drum room floor at home, loads in the storage cupboard in the drum room, a pair on my desk at work.

cheers Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

I keep a pair in the trunk of my car just in case I forget to bring my stick bag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have sticks laying around everywhere... I keep them in the car, TV room, bedroom, practice room... never know when you want to air drum
    ^^^^^^^^
    This.

all the best...

User Info Menu

hmmm......
    stick bag on my kit, Main stick bag that stays at school, tenor(quints, quads) case has a couple pairs, truck, bedroom, barn, outside, garage. The last 3 r normal junky sticks that i got years ago.
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Some in the stick bag, some to left and some to the right of the
    bass pedal and if I do it right I can get one to go under the pedal.

User Info Menu

Drum room. Mrs. Pocket keeps a neat house.

User Info Menu

Let's see:

I think there is a random 7A in my car.

I have sticks in my stick bag at church. I also have one of those stick depot things on my hi-hat stand at church as well, so there's always a stick in there it seems like.

I also have sticks on my bookshelf at home. My kids get them and throw them around the floor in the basement, so I've found in them in all kinds of places: random drawers, under beanbags, rolled under the couch, in the fire place , in the magazine basket, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

I thought that air drumming was done with air sticks on air drums.

User Info Menu

I keep two sets in a Vater stick caddy attached to my HH stand. The other pairs, mallets, brushes and one maraca are kept in my stick bag on my 18" floor tom.
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.