Thread: Neal Smith?

User Info Menu

Default Neal Smith?

Not sure which Alice Cooper drummer recorded this, I think it was Neal Smith but not sure? Such a simple beat but damn this has groove!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ISnXBe23Q

User Info Menu

Default Re: Neal Smith?

Alice Cooper recorded this as a concept album back in 1975, an album I bought when it first came out and still have. I remember watching his "Welcome to My Nightmare" Halloween television special based upon this album, which was utterly fantastic. Vincent Price was ... priceless ...

I don't think that his regular band played on this so it's not Neal Smith. According to the album credits it's either Pentti "Whitey" Glan or Johnny Badanjek on drums. Tony Levin also recorded some of the bass tracks, but I'm not sure if he played on this one.

Cold Ethyl is my favorite track off of this album followed closely by The Black Widow. The 70's was surely a great time to be alive ...

In any case, I personally believe that Neal Smith was a good Rock drummer who fit in perfectly with the Alice Cooper Band image during the band's heyday. One of my favorite examples of Neal's playing is the title track off of the Billion Dollar Babies album, another album that I still own, and one of many challenging and fun Alice Cooper songs that I was fortunate enough to play in clubs back in the day ...

Last edited by dangermoney; 10-28-2014 at 07:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Neal Smith?

Neil was a great drummer seen him so many times live with Alice Cooper that I cannot remember how many concerts I went to but I would guess at least 6. Great show, great band and great drummer of course.