Thread: Last nights dream about drums.

User Info Menu

Default Last nights dream about drums.

I haven't played my drums since I started my ptsd therapy. Last night it was either in my dreams or someone told me and I quot"stay on drums". So this morning I am going to go back to playing my drums but haven't decided which set to play. It will be either the Gretsch catalina maple kit which is put away or the Sonor bop kit which is already set up. I really do miss playing the drums. Well anyway I thought I would share that with you all.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Last nights dream about drums.

Do you dream about drums or playing drums? That sounds like a fun dream.

User Info Menu

I hope you don't have a dream that says, "Put on a tutu and take up ballet."

Seriously, sorry you have to deal with ptsd but so glad you're coming back to drumming. Follow your heart.

User Info Menu

Playing drums is never a bad day, Drummerboy60. Think I am going to do the same thing today. I live in Canada (New Brunswick) and here it is, Nov 2nd, and the snow/ ice pellets thing has already started. The only good thing about that is there is no question it is too nasty to be outside doing yard work - so guilt free drumming it is!

User Info Menu

Drumming dreams are awesome. I have both my kits set up right now, one I warm up on and work on some grooves and such, the other I have mic'd and throw on a cd or 2 and play away. If you have the room and set em both up.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I had a dream I was stuck inside my bass drum and could not get out now that is weird. lol

User Info Menu

I don't remember what I dreamt last night.

User Info Menu

In my last drumming dream that I can remember, I was actually playing the kit and enjoying myself instead of being on stage and forgetting my part....