Thread: happy birthday Carter Beauford

User Info Menu

Default happy birthday Carter Beauford

first post, no secret who my favorite drummer is. I'm proud to have seen one of the world's greatest living drummers live 32 times.

funny thing about Carter, I've noticed that on any given live show, he only plays at about 80% of his potential. until he comes home to Charlottesville. they hardly ever play there, but when they do, one gets to see Carter Beauford operating at near 100% capacity. noticed this at two different Charlottesville shows.

6:30 on is what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF4bmuJHvk

only man alive that can hit two A ultra hammered chinas 1500 times in a song and still make it sound musical. those PHXs sounded incredible live. happy 58th buddy. thanks for still inspiring me.

User Info Menu

Default Re: happy birthday Carter Beauford

Great drummer. A bit over-rated in my opinion but I appreciate everything he's accomplished. Plus, he's a nice guy. I'm a fan of nice people.

I noticed you're new. Welcome to Drum Chat!

User Info Menu

One of my favorites, guy's a wizard with his left hand. Hope he's having a great holiday.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

One of my favorite drummers. DMB are on the top of my list of bands I want to see live that I haven't seen yet.

Beauford is 58? I thought he was in his 40s.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Definitely one amazing drummer. I'm not a huge DMB fan but man do I love that mans drum style and playing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Great drummer. A bit over-rated in my opinion but I appreciate everything he's accomplished.

This seems to be the exact same attitude over at the Acoustic Guitar Forum about Dave Matthews (minus the good word about appreciating what he's accomplished).

I'm a fan of Carter Beauford. Because I have such a big rock-n-roll background, I realize that I will never, ever have the same approach to drumming as he does. Heck, I've listened and played so much rock music, I feel like I can only count to 4...maybe 6 on a good day.

User Info Menu

Fantastic drummer. Big fan.