So my parents recently got me a 375$ gift card to guitar center so I could get an electronic set. My friend is also offering me a 200$ Roland Td-7 kit that her dad used to use. The only problems with it are that its pretty old, the kick pad makes it so that I cant play double bass, and for some reason when I put headphones in the snare and bass become a lot quieter than the rest of the toms, but I believe thats a technical fix. I have been looking at a simmons SD1500 kit at guitar center for 599$, if I got that I would pay the 200$ difference. I liked the different kits on the simmons brain and I also liked the frame of the kit. However after a lot of asking around people have told me that Simmons are cheaply made and unreliable. Any other opinions on the better of the two? Im also open to other suggestions, Im interested in the Yamaha DTX's and Alesis kits. Im willing to spend 200$-250$ in addition to the 375$ gift card. They also offer a Roland TD-1k ec kit for 599$. PS: If I went with the 200$ Roland Td7, I wouldnt want to spend more than 100$ on upgrades, and I would use the gift card for a slap box or acoustic upgrades. Thanks.