Thread: Sonor Perfect Balance Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Sonor Perfect Balance Pedal

I searched the forum and didn't find any information on this pedal so please forgive me if I missed something. I have also researched this pedal online and I am really interested in hearing what you, my fellow DrumChat members have to say on this topic.

This pedal sparked my interest as I was watching the Jo Jo Mayer DVD on Foot Technique the other night. It reminded me of an old leather strap Camco pedal that I used to use back in the 70's. I really loved the smooth action of that pedal but it didn't seem to generate the volume that I needed at the time. So, I switched to Ludwig Speed King pedals and continued playing them until I switched to DW 5000 pedals in the mid 80's. I have been playing these pedals exclusively since. I retired the double pedal about 20 years ago, play a single pedal today, and don't see myself returning to a double pedal anytime soon.

I did some research on the PB pedal and it seems like something that I might be interested in trying out to see if I can get back into the feel of that old Camco pedal. I am not looking to use this pedal for high volume gigs; I can continue to use my DW 5000 for those as long as the PB doesn't spoil me. I would primarily like to use the PB pedal for developing better foot technique and for playing low to medium volume gigs.

I am well aware of the issues that plagued the PB pedal when it was first introduced but have read on the Sonor site that they resolved the strap and hinge issues in production a couple of years ago so they should no longer be issues today. I also read elsewhere that one should consider replacing the standard spring with a DW heavy spring and the standard beater with a better one as both seem to wear out quickly.

So, before I go down to my local drum center and pick one up to take home and try out, please tell me about your experiences with the pedal. Is the pedal good to go now? Has Sonor worked out the bugs? Is it reliable and durable? Is it smooth and balanced like they say? Will it keep going strong after hundreds of gigs like my DW's have? Are retail outlets still selling left over first generation pedals and if so, what should I watch out for when I inspect these pedals prior to purchasing one so that I can take home a good one?

I look forward to reading your feedback, comments, and suggestions ...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sonor Perfect Balance Pedal

good luck with that. Sonor is good, I'm looking into Drumnetics for my next pedal. No spring at all,direct drive. Magnets never wear out. Totally smooth/custom made.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sonor Perfect Balance Pedal

I really wanna try one of these pedals out, I’ve heard good thing about em.

Just checked out the Drumnetics pedal, they look very interesting indeed.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.