Thread: which cymbals do match with Paiste Alpha Medium Hats (2006 Alpha)?

User Info Menu

Default which cymbals do match with Paiste Alpha Medium Hats (2006 Alpha)?

Hey DC, I actually know what cymbals I want to buy but the prices are changing often and could be higher when I can buy them currently in my Budget:
    Paiste 2oo2 Series, Ufip Class Series, Zildjian K Custom Dark, some Istanbul Mehmet Traditionals, Zildjian Avedis, Zildjian A Custom, Masterworks.

I can't try out cymbals cause we don't have any good Musicstore in my area and my ears aren't good enough to hear what would match and what wouldn't.
    So I ask you:
    If you want to play every style and you already own Paiste Alpha Medium Hats what would match? Can b8 alloy harmonize with b20s?
    It's just a Plan B for the case Paiste 2oo2s Price is higher until I can buy them.

Thank you!
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch (CR):
    20,12,10 + 14x5,5" PDP Maple/Bubinga snare
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: which cymbals do match with Paiste Alpha Medium Hats (2006 Alpha)?

ummmm How about Paiste Alpha's ?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skills View Post
    Can b8 alloy harmonize with b20s?
    It's just a Plan B for the case Paiste 2oo2s Price is higher until I can buy them.

Thank you!
    Yes, they def can harmonize together. Some cymbal companies stamp out b8 cymbals from sheet metal for their budget line but Paiste's CuSn8 bronze is cast and is used for their high end line.

Wiki~

PST 5 - B8 cymbals (CuSn8); student/intermediate level cymbals. Introduced in 2005.
    PST 7 - B8 cymbals (CuSn8); intermediate level cymbals. Introduced in 2014.
    PST 8 - 2002 Bronze (CuSn8); intermediate level cymbals. Introduced in 2012.

Alpha - B8 cymbals (CuSn8); semi-professional cymbals. Many professionals use these and they are currently Paiste's most popular series. Introduced in 1991, and redesigned in 2006. Alpha spin-offs Alpha Boomer - Made from 2002Bronze cymbals (CuSn8 Bronze); semi-professional. Composed of mostly Alpha's "rock" cymbals, and very similar to the discontinued 2000 series. Well suited for rock, in honor of Nicko McBrain. Each cymbal has a reflector finish with a blue label, and Nicko McBrain's "PowerSlave Eddie" logo. The back side Paiste logo is printed in Maiden-font. Introduced in 2012.

Black Alpha 'Hyper' - B8 cymbals (CuSn8); semi-professional cymbals made in collaboration with Slipknot's Joey Jordison. They have 9 silver placed Tribal-S logos. Unique and deep hammer marks make this a completely new developed line. The logo is located near the bell. Introduced in 2012.

"2002 - Introduced in 1971. Made of B8 (CuSn8) and is regarded by many as the first fully professional series made from this alloy. Available models were retired in 1986 but reintrodiced in 1988 due to popular demand. Over the years the model line has changed significantly. Many types were introduced and discontinued. From 1994 to 1999 it also incorporated the RUDE series (2002 RUDE). From 2005 to 2006 the 2002 line included many models from the defunct Dimensions series of cymbals, but most of the Dimensions models have since been discontinued from the series."

Giant Beat - Originally introduced in 1967 and discontinued in 1971, this series was reintroduced in 2005 as 18", 20", and 24" multi-purpose cymbals with 14" and 15" hi-hats. They share the same CuSn8 (B8) bronze as the 2002 series. In 2012, Paiste introduced thin crashes for the series. The sizes are 18" and 20".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    ummmm How about Paiste Alpha's ?
    They aren't allround.

@late8 thanks.
    Last edited by skills; 11-25-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals

User Info Menu

I mix Paiste Signatures with Alphas. They go together quite nicely. Right now I'm using Alpha medium hats, 16" crash, 14" china, and 10" splash with Signature 20" dry ride, 16" power crash, and 12" splash.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

This is probably a dumb question - if the PST8 range are made from '2002 bronze' (and the earlier 802) does this mean they are made from castings? or are they cut like regular B8 cymbals from 2002 spec B8 sheet. I have always been a little confused by this '2002 bronze' claim that Paiste sometimes apply to their budget lines.

User Info Menu

Some medium 2002's would sound fine. I use 2002's sound edge hats. They are very bright and articulate, I use them for everything.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the recommendations already.
    Anyone who mixed alphas with other models/series?
    The prices for 2oo2 and Giant Beat are way higher now. ��
    You probably don't know how much it would be in your kind of money but it is from 218 to 259.-€s and the 20" Crash and Ride to 305.-€s.
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    This is probably a dumb question - if the PST8 range are made from '2002 bronze' (and the earlier 802) does this mean they are made from castings? or are they cut like regular B8 cymbals from 2002 spec B8 sheet. I have always been a little confused by this '2002 bronze' claim that Paiste sometimes apply to their budget lines.
    They do less steps of manufacturing.
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals