Thread: Speed Cobra double pedal's

User Info Menu

Default Speed Cobra double pedal's

I got a set coming this week, looking forward to giving them a good workout! lol

User Info Menu

Default Re: Speed Cobra double pedal's

Quote Originally Posted by 54bogger View Post
    I got a set coming this week, looking forward to giving them a good workout! lol
    Look forward to your opinions on this one....

User Info Menu

Yea, I wanna see how they compare to the axis pedals that I just sold.

User Info Menu

yeah heard lots of good things. I also have Axis Long Boards on one kit.. but looking for new pedals for another. Let us know

User Info Menu

I have had a speed cobra single for a year or so, and love it! I couldn't ask for a better pedal, and dont think I will ever change unless its for a speed cobra double. After being so used to the long board, some pedals I try out in store feel tiny.

User Info Menu

congrats. I have a single pedal and love the responsiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Thank's, I guess the with thanksgiving the mail is alittle behind.

User Info Menu

My speed cobra's came in! I tried them out yesterday with all factory setting except for putting heavy tension on the springs. So far I really like the feel and speed of them not to mention the power they can generate. I think I'll keep these for a l-o-n-g time! Compared to my axis al2's that I sold to me they have a better all around feel with a big increase in power. My Axis pedals were very fast but I'll never be able as a drummer to exceed what the sc's are capable of.

User Info Menu

I've got a set of SC's. I like them. You might want to keep an extra spring on hand though. I broke several before I switched to a Gibraltar spring. Right now I've got one Tama, and one Gibraltar spring on them. There is a sharp crease on the Tama spring where the hook is bent, and mine always broke there. Other than that I really like them. Happy pedaling.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    You might want to keep an extra spring on hand though. I broke several before I switched to a Gibraltar spring.
    WOW -- first I've heard of this.
    I own a SC double and have never had this problem.
    Love the pedal, BTW.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    WOW -- first I've heard of this.
    I own a SC double and have never had this problem.
    Love the pedal, BTW.
    Oh ya. I've posted about it as well as others. I was surprised to hear several people say that that's normal with all brands, and they always carry spare springs. The pedals that my SC's replaced were 7 yr. old IC Jr.s. I don't remember replacing the springs on them. Before that it was the Pro Twin Tama, I bought them around 86. So I was surprised when my SC springs broke within the 1 yr. It's also possible that Tama has fixed the problem, or only springs made within a certain time frame were prone to break.

User Info Menu

Sound's like a bad batch of spring's.