Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Joined the Pork Pie family...

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Joined the Pork Pie family...

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Rich that's a great looking set. Nice head choices. That kick is going to knock down walls.
    Thanks slinky!! Can't wait for the kit to arrive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    A complete stranger pay me to play my USA Customs ?
    I don't think so.

Nice kit, late.

I bought a gig kit and still don't use it.
    My Gretsch is truly all I need.
    lol!! I "took one for the team"...It was fun to hear the kit out front. Reminds me why I picked Gretsch.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    This in no way compares to what you've got going on.
    Got that right....! Sticks, you're in you're own "league" bro!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Martin you're also a big reason why I went this route. Your Pork Pie kit is one of my favorite kits on DC!! See what you started????

Sorry about that!

Good head choice BTW. I got those Aquarian Studio X clears on my batters, I sort of wish I would have went with the coated like you are getting. I think it's one of those things where the kit sounds better mic'ed up out in the "house" (or sanctuary in my case) than it does up close. Don't get me wrong - it doesn't sound bad by any stretch. I just miss some of the warmth that coated heads have.

Let us know what you think when you get them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by porkpieguy View Post
    Sorry about that!

Good head choice BTW. I got those Aquarian Studio X clears on my batters, I sort of wish I would have went with the coated like you are getting. I think it's one of those things where the kit sounds better mic'ed up out in the "house" (or sanctuary in my case) than it does up close. Don't get me wrong - it doesn't sound bad by any stretch. I just miss some of the warmth that coated heads have.

Let us know what you think when you get them!
    Will do Martin. The kit arrived at the West Sacramento UPS shipping depot on Saturday. It'll be on the truck for delivery tomorrow.... I'm usually the last stop before the end of the business day (5:30-6:00pm). Should I call in "sick" tomorrow and camp out on my driveway for "Brown" to show up? hehehe....

34.20 pounds of Pork Pie on its way....

Last edited by late8; 12-01-2014 at 03:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Will do Martin. The kit arrived at the West Sacramento UPS shipping depot on Saturday. It'll be on the truck for delivery tomorrow.... I'm usually the last stop before the end of the business day (5:30-6:00pm). Should I call in "sick" tomorrow and camp out on my driveway for "Brown" to show up? hehehe....

34.20 pounds of Pork Pie on its way....

Call off or at least duck out a little early!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Call off or at least duck out a little early!
    Mark, I was hoping the next post in this thread would be pics of the kit....Thanksgiving holiday must of really screwed them up....the trailer has been sitting at the depot since Saturday. Looks like it didn't get unloaded in time for today's delivery.

I live in a rural area on 10 acres of farmland. Like most ranch style parcels, there's 450 feet of driveway between the front gate and the front door:

On the other side of the gate is a highway...not a good scenario for an unknown delivery time and date if nobody's home. This is why I've bought all of my kits at brick and mortar stores. To coordinate a delivery of this importance without any idea when it will arrive is nerve racking. Parcels left at the gate are asking to be ripped off....

Last edited by late8; 12-02-2014 at 02:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Mark, I was hoping the next post in this thread would be pics of the kit....Thanksgiving holiday must of really screwed them up....the trailer has been sitting at the depot since Saturday. Looks like it didn't get unloaded in time for today's delivery....

BUMMER! I've got 2 packages on the brown truck for delivery today and another coming tomorrow. I was hoping all three would be on the truck today. Dang that holiday!

User Info Menu

Oh Wow......

User Info Menu

I'll bet that someone can't hardly wait to get home tonight. I just hope they aren't sitting out in the rain.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    I'll bet that someone can't hardly wait to get home tonight. I just hope they aren't sitting out in the rain.
    I know man....love the rain but wow...I have a huge overhang that wraps around the front of the house. I hope "Brown" stuck it under it????

User Info Menu

I know man....love the rain but wow...I have a huge overhang that wraps around the front of the house. I hope "Brown" stuck it under it????
    I just hope it wasn't this guy:

Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    I just hope it wasn't this guy:

oh man..I'm gonna barf.....

User Info Menu

oh man..I'm gonna barf.....
    Sorry Rich. I shouldn't have posted that.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

What the _____________??????

UPS sucks....

The other box hasn't arrived yet......
    Last edited by late8; 12-02-2014 at 07:26 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That's not fair!

How's the condition???
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 12-02-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: o
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    That's not fair!

How's the condition???
    Get's better...Look at the way the 16x16" floor tom was packed into the kick. There's a 2 inch dent where the floor tom hit the inside of the bass drum shell as it rolled around during shipping but not one scratch on the floor tom, go figure....

User Info Menu

Get's better...Look at the way the 16x16" floor tom was packed into the kick. There's a 2 inch dent where the floor tom hit the inside of the bass drum shell as it rolled around during shipping but not one scratch on the floor tom, go figure....
    I wouldn't accept that. I wonder what the company would say.

The next box is snare and rack tom?
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 12-02-2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: h

-Mike

User Info Menu

No tension rods....must be in the second box but the hoops look okay. No packing or bubble wrap at all....come on Pork Pie!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I wouldn't accept that. I wonder what the company would say.

The next box is snare and rack tom?
    Mike....I'm afraid so....

User Info Menu

Let's hope the rack tom isn't packed into the snare!

What size is that kick?

-Mike

User Info Menu

Oh man, this is just terrible. You were really excited about getting them in so that you could play them this weekend and this had to happen. I sincerely hope that Pork Pie makes good on this one ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    oh man, this is just terrible. You were really excited about getting them in so that you could play them this weekend and this had to happen. I sincerely hope that pork pie makes good on this one ...
    +1!

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Oh man, this is just terrible. You were really excited about getting them in so that you could play them this weekend and this had to happen. I sincerely hope that Pork Pie makes good on this one ...
    dangermoney...I'm hoping for better luck tomorrow when the other box arrives. It has all of the heavy hardware like the floor tom legs, all of the tension rods for the 24" kick, and (1x) 13" tom mount. If it's packed like the first box, we got issues. I want to keep this thread positive and not bash Pork Pie by the way they pack their Taiwan kits. There's not one dent or scratch on the outside of the kick or floor tom. I'm blown away by this because the pile of packing in the background of this pic was all that was used to pack the shells, hoops and heads:

4 blocks of foam and some thin plastic. The plastic reminds me of the same material found in a box of cereal.

The finish is just amazing in person. The hoops:

Bearing edges survived on the kick. I need to do a bearing edge test on all of the shells....

User Info Menu

Kick:

Edit:

This is all I can do tonight...going to bed. Hoping for better day tomorrow...

Last edited by late8; 12-02-2014 at 09:07 PM.

User Info Menu

That is just awful! Sorry for your troubles.
    I can't imagine a justifiable response from UPS that would explain how something gets delivered in that condition. Hopefully you can share those pictures with both UPS and the seller.
    And not to be excessive, but did Pork Pie even pack the drums well (not that it would have mattered).
    Rob