Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: I Joined the Pork Pie family...

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Joined the Pork Pie family...

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Truly sad. Look what a simple bass drum hoop has cost this company. Someone should email them a link to this thread. What a shame.
    Agreed. Given the resources of communication everyone has access to now-a-days( read: The Internet), all it takes is a few individuals to start telling their stories of bad customer service, etc. and look what can potentially happen. One person tells their horror story, people read it, and it just escalates from there.

I was actually considering Pork Pie, but after reading all the trials and tribulations our good friend Mr. 8 just went through.... no thanks. Think I'll start looking elsewhere.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Agreed. Given the resources of communication everyone has access to now-a-days( read: The Internet), all it takes is a few individuals to start telling their stories of bad customer service, etc. and look what can potentially happen. One person tells their horror story, people read it, and it just escalates from there.

I was actually considering Pork Pie, but after reading all the trials and tribulations our good friend Mr. 8 just went through.... no thanks. Think I'll start looking elsewhere.
    I would not buy their product based on Rich's thread. We know he's a stand up guy. I'd trust his opinion on many issues, this being one of them. When it comes time to buy another drum kit Pork Pie will not be on my short list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrum1 View Post
    I recently checked out a Mapex Armory kit and was amazed at the quality/price ratio.

I love my recently acquired Saturn's, but an Armory wouldn't be that big of a downgrade.

Has to be one of the best new kit values I've seen.
    Very cool!! I had my eye on Saturns for awhile now....

User Info Menu

Buying things sight unseen does come with a certain amount of inherent risk, especially where there is 3rd party transportation involved.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Buying things sight unseen does come with a certain amount of inherent risk, especially where there is 3rd party transportation involved.

all the best...
    So true Kay. This is the last time I'm buying a kit online. Had too many issues with either poor workmanship which I didn't discover until I had the kit in my hands or rough handling from the shipper.