Thread: Phil Ehart

User Info Menu

Default Phil Ehart

Drummer: Phil Ehart
    Main Style: Progressive Rock
    Main Band: Kansas

Brief Summary: Phillip W. Ehart is a progressive rock drummer best known for his work with the band Kansas. Phil co-founded Kansas, has been with the band since its inception in 1973, and in addition to playing drums has taken on the band's management responsibilities. Phil started playing drums in grade school.

Other Facts: Born February 4, 1951, Coffeyville, Kansas. Credited with co-writing two of Kansas' biggest hits "Point of Know Return" and "Play the Game Tonight". He and band mate Rich Williams are the only two members of Kansas who have appeared on every Kansas album. Long time favorite drummer is Ian Paice.
    Last edited by dangermoney; 11-28-2014 at 11:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Phil Ehart

Featuring Phil Ehart ...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Love Phil! Big inspiration to me since the 70s.

User Info Menu

Love Phil! When I was a kid My sister bought me "Two For The Show" a few weeks after I started drumming. It had just been released. I didn't have a kit yet but I was so into that album. That lead to getting all the previous albums. I learned so much listening to Phil Ehart.

User Info Menu

Phil's a great drummer. I've always like Kansas and his work with them.

Tex

User Info Menu

Phil's always been big for me too. Kansas and Foghat (Roger Earl) probably my 2 most favorite bands. I've still got about 10 albums of each band. Their drumming really complemented the bands.