Thread: Program backstage passes "Rush"

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Program backstage passes "Rush"

Hi all I have been watching the series backstage passes about the band' set up of lighting, sound and instruments. Man that is a big operation to get the show ready for a Rush performance. You see the crew leaders ( Engineers) describe the equipment that they use for the lighting, sound and instruments. Each tech have unique jobs which can be backbreaking, tireless hours to get thing ready for the concert. I found it very interesting as these are things you never see unless you are involved as roadie etc. It is available here in Canada on HiFi and something you cannot miss.
    Just thought I would share.

Tonight's episode is setting up, tuning and care of musical instruments. That should be great watching the drum tech set up and prepare Neil's drum kit.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 12-03-2014 at 10:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Program backstage passes "Rush"

I've seen it. Yes, there is an awful lot of work that goes into setting up one of their shows. I've seen many of these type of "behind the scenes" shows and it just amazes me every time.

I saw one where they where setting up a show for KISS. I couldn't believe how fast these guys worked and the level of detail they had to go to just so they could perform for a couple hours.

Then, tear it all down, move everything and do it all over again. Amazing.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Sounds interesting.

User Info Menu

I always wondered at a Rush concert when the light tech's climb up to the top of the speakers for a three and a half concert with no break.
    How do they hold it for that long?
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

When McCartney came to town, they were loading in for 3 days and loading out was another 3-4 days. The local sub contractors were the first in; last out so the touring caravan could remain as mobile as possible. I believe it was 17 semi trailers??? These self contained road shows are complex and expensive to pull off.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PopsOldSkins View Post
    I always wondered at a Rush concert when the light tech's climb up to the top of the speakers for a three and a half concert with no break.
    How do they hold it for that long?
    Leg Bag!