Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gibraltar Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Quality wise? Probably a wash. Which one has the features and the price you want? That's the question. They will each hold up your snare drum sufficiently.
    I already own both and as far as style they are both different types. But I heard gibraltar makes some of the best hardware. Is that true?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by adamgdog View Post
    Which is better a pearl snare stand or gibraltar snare stand
    I don't have any real experience with pearl or gibralter snare stands, but I was in the local music store the other day and was looking at the Gibralter 9606 snare stand. It seamed to be built well and I really liked the ball type swivel for adjusting the snare angle. The only problem for me was was how short it is. I like my snare pretty high and to get it where I wanted it it had only about an 1" of the upper tube inside the lower tube being clamped. So if I ever wanted to raise it any more I would be out of luck. With a deeper snare (I'm using 5x14) it would not be a problem. Kind of turned me off of it though.

User Info Menu

What kind of snare stands would u suggest (any type)

User Info Menu

My gibraltar one is basket style and the pearl one is not.

User Info Menu

So actually I guess my real question is do u think basket style is better than non-basket style.

User Info Menu

So actually I guess my real question is do u think basket style is better than non-basket style.
    When you say "basket" are you referring to the arms that hold the drum? I don't think I've heard of a non basket style stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I thought all snare stands were basket-style...

User Info Menu

I mean the piece that holds the snare drum. Like the piece that tilts the “basket” (part that holds the snare drum) is underneath the basket. That is basket style.

User Info Menu

I hope that made sense

User Info Menu

Any other style I refer to as non-basket style.

User Info Menu

My snare drum is 14"x5-1/2"

User Info Menu

Try his to raise the height: don't spread the legs apart as much and you can get about an extra inch to two inches height. I've done this accidentally and as long as the floor is flat, the stand is stable.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Try his to raise the height: don't spread the legs apart as much and you can get about an extra inch to two inches height. I've done this accidentally and as long as the floor is flat, the stand is stable.
    Yeah that could work. That stand already has a pretty small foot print so it may not be real stable though.
    Next time I'm in there I'll check it out.

User Info Menu

Hey thanks for the advice. It helped.

User Info Menu

Does gibraltar just make hardware?

User Info Menu

Does gibraltar just make hardware?
    Yes. They have a huge variety of anything you need.

-Mike

User Info Menu

They make hardware of all kinds, from normal stands to specialty percussion mounts, to replacement parts for drums, stands etc.
    Apparently Gibraltar also makes a few bags. I could swear they made shells at one point too but I could be wrong, they sell all other drum parts though.

User Info Menu

How do u figure out what specific kind of cymbal stand u have? Like I know I have a pearl boom stand, but is it like a pearl zx9, or whatever. (I know zx9 probably doesn't exist but it was an example)

User Info Menu

How do u figure out what specific kind of cymbal stand u have? Like I know I have a pearl boom stand, but is it like a pearl zx9, or whatever. (I know zx9 probably doesn't exist but it was an example)
    You can look for any label on the stand. If you can't find one, I would compare with images you see online.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I have a really nice Gibraltar snare stand. It actually has a detatchable basket so you don't have to fold down the basket between gigs. This is helpful if you want your snare to be at a perfect angle at every gig. I will say that this tends to loosen up every few months and I have to take the snare off and tighten it up. But, my stand sits in one place all of the time. Knowing what I know now, I would have saved some money and not gotten this option.

Besides this little minor thing, Gibraltar makes solid hardware. Period.

User Info Menu

I have the Gibraltar snare rack add on. I love it cause it's always in same place, height, angle, etc.

User Info Menu

What does the snare rack add on look like

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Yes it clamps from my rack

here it is so it makes more sense

User Info Menu

That's pretty sweet