Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gibraltar Hardware

I'm willing to bet if you get the 6706(older one is 6606)snare stand and take the single screw on very bottom out the leg assem. will come right off. . . .mine does and just get a rubber end from a hardware store and slip it on and. . . . .walla! a no leg stand like the one above. I like options!

User Info Menu

^i bet that's true as well lol

User Info Menu

Got these in the mail last night! Now I can set up my rack!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Now I can set up my rack!
    I bet you could have set up the rack anyway. Just maybe not been able to mount the hanging toms.

Sarcasm?....oh, in a big way.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

^hahaha nice and for sure

User Info Menu

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

So I have one issue with the new Gibraltar hardware... with the design you can only angle the arm up so much before it hits the top lip. I needed more distance in one of my toms... so I angled the entire arm forward more and then went to angle the drum up and was very limited. Hard to explain.

User Info Menu

So I have one issue with the new Gibraltar hardware... with the design you can only angle the arm up so much before it hits the top lip. I needed more distance in one of my toms... so I angled the entire arm forward more and then went to angle the drum up and was very limited. Hard to explain.
    Would it help if you mounted it like this?

-Mike

User Info Menu

So I bought a new PDP curved bar rack to replace my Gibraltar straight rack... Make a huge difference and now I also don't mind the gibraltar tom arms at all. Without the straight bar I was able to keep all the toms arms on the same side of the rack all in the same position. So my OCD is happy and the rack looks good. I wasn't able to take pics at band practice last night but thursday we play so I'll snap some pics then.

User Info Menu

I tried to tell you. You could of just looked at my kit!

User Info Menu

I've always liked the curved rack bars more. I had a Pearl straight rack for a short time and never got it to work for me (it wasn't height adjustable either so that didn't help).

User Info Menu

I've used Gibralter road series rack systems for years and have been 100% satisfied with them. Excellent stuff.

User Info Menu

Yes it clamps from my rack

here it is so it makes more sense
    They should one-up everybody by making this stand clamp onto a throne(pipe to pipe, as it were.)
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Here's a picture of the Gibraltar tom brackets installed

User Info Menu

Today I went to l&m to buy an sc-gca. A boom cymbal arm. When I took it out of the packaging, there was no grease on any of the bolts an the price was raised to $56 The previous one I bought earlier this year was a lot cheaper and the bolts were fully greased. Maybe this is because of DW buying them out? Either way, I was expecting the same quality product.

-Mike

User Info Menu

That's the grabber cymbal arm, with the clamp attached right?
    Normally those are $25 to $32 or so, if this is due to DW I am not impressed. $56 is a ridiculous price for it no matter what condition it's in, Pearl has virtually the same thing for around $30 too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    That's the grabber cymbal arm, with the clamp attached right?
    Normally those are $25 to $32 or so, if this is due to DW I am not impressed. $56 is a ridiculous price for it no matter what condition it's in, Pearl has virtually the same thing for around $30 too.
    That's the one. The Pearl one was there too, but for $50. Since I already owned another gibraltar one, I figured i'd go with it. The prices are insane for anything Gibraltar in Canada. Not impressed at all.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I've tried to steer away from Gibraltar and stick with PDP/DW but those prices are worse lol

User Info Menu

The arms are looking great on the kit spaz. Nice nice.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I've tried to steer away from Gibraltar and stick with PDP/DW but those prices are worse lol
    I bought a single tom arm for $45 from gibraltar. The problem is that Long and Mcquade is the only place where you can get hardware here, so you have no other option.

-Mike