Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gig tonight...not in the mood

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gig tonight...not in the mood

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I always took a tool box, too. Extra keys, t-rods, pedal chain, clutches, felts, wingnuts, common bolts, snare chord, washers, and practically every other part to repair almost anything on my kit or hardware. It all fit in a fishing tackle box. Of course my hardware boxes also held extra snare heads.

Naturally enough, once I had that spares kit on hand, I never needed it!

GeeDeeEmm
    I kept about the same stuff in mine. And some spray deodorant!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Coffee mugs in church!?
    I call it the Christian drug of choice! The last church we were at, had all these different coffees that they would try all the time. People would get up during the sermon to fill up their cups.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    I have a question RE the clutch, are they that common another drummer should expect one on every kit?

I'm not planning on getting into DBD so I don't see much point for me, and I also wouldn't share my kit with someone I didn't know (because it's not mine mainly), but I'm still curious
    I don't know...maybe it's me, but I always bring my clutch when sharing someone else's kit. I do this because it's easier to just pack my hats with the clutch on them and it's really easy to lose said clutch. When there are 2+ bands using the same kit and switching out cymbals quickly in between sets, you'd be surprise how many times that clutch goes missing and then there's a scramble to find it. I don't want to be in that position so I'd prefer if other drummers brought their own. Just my personal preference.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Coffee mugs in church!?

Yeah, they store them next to the wine.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 01-12-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: ===