Thread: Switch Kick

User Info Menu

Default Switch Kick

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before. Have any of you seen the new product called 'Switch Kick'?

A little background. I assisted one of my old friends from high school on a site called KickStarter, which provides an opportunity for folks who need financial support to make some dream happen. In my friend's case, he was finishing his CD (he's a professor at the Berklee College, and he finally got his CD on the street; his recordings have Peter Erskine on drums, so it's no minor thing). Anyway, that's how I got involved with KickStarter, and I occasionally get announcements of other music related requests for funding, and this Switch Kick is a no-tool, quick replacement of bass drum beater heads. It seems like a really cool concept, something I might be interested in as a purchaser, and maybe help the entrepreneur with his really cool product. Just curious if any of you have seen it and what you think.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Switch Kick

I think it is a fantastic looking product, I'm really interested in trying it out, especially with the idea that I could go from using a traditional style beater on a loud rock song to a soft fluffy beater for an acoustic song with little effort.

Definitely a great tool for a gigging drummer.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Great product! I'll have to try one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

It solves a problem I didn't know I had. Still don't know if its a problem or not.

User Info Menu

I've seen it online. Looks pretty interesting if you need something like this. Doesn't peek my interest at all, but I'm sure it has good application to drummers needing a variety of beaters.

Tex

User Info Menu

what are we chatting about? When I good switch kick I get tai bo stuff lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northern redneck View Post
    it solves a problem i didn't know i had. Still don't know if its a problem or not.
    +1
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

it's funny how the prices are referred to as pledges. Pledge $3000 and you can have your name put on one?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Some of the beaters look interesting like the brush one and the leather thingadoodle. But it takes less than ten seconds to switch out a beater anyway and even less time to adjust it so I personally wouldn't spend any money on the switch kick. Cool idea though, even if it would only save a couple seconds.
    Last edited by xweasel; 01-17-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    what are we chatting about? When I good switch kick I get tai bo stuff lol
    It's a new product that essentially allows on the fly bass drum beater changes, and a variety of different beaters, including a brush! I was going to include the link but didn't know if that was allowed.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    It solves a problem I didn't know I had. Still don't know if its a problem or not.
    My sentiment exactly. Nevertheless it's still pretty cool.
    Wear hearing protection.

User Info Menu

cool if you need it . but overkill if you don't. And if pricing is off well sell it to DW
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Oh typed in Bass Drum switch kick and found now lol here's a vimeo

[link removed. Sales/Advertisement. Please see forum rules. - Tom]