Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi-Hat Stands

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi-Hat Stands

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    hahaha I like the fact you mention about it folds and clicks in place.. nothing more annoying than the pedal just flopping around like a fish
    Well I am pretty anal about my gear!

User Info Menu

Tama Roadpro user here, I also have a Sonor 400 series - both good. I use the Roadpro - can't say its better then the Sonor - its the one I have used since I started and I am used to the feel.

User Info Menu

I have a DW 9502LB remote high hat stand. I am not experienced, and I have a significant disability that results in my having very little strength or coordination in my legs and almost zero in my feet. However, I needed a way to have the pedal significantly remote from vertically under the cymbals, and so a remote was the ticket for me. I think the DW works great for what it is. Pricey, but it works.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

I'm still using the Tama Titan. Just picked up another one a few months ago that I found in great shape. Built to last.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I have a Gibraltar ultra adjust, and I love it. They don't make them anymore, but you can still find them on the 'net. It's practically a remote hi hat, but in the form of a stand.
    Yamaha Stage Custom 6 pc
    Assorted Zildjian
    Gibraltar hardware
    Zildjian laminate sticks
    LOTS of snares
    AQUARIAN heads

User Info Menu

I have a Yamaha HS740 and it works great. As long as it's set up correctly and on a stable surface it's very solid. I sometimes mount other smaller percussion from it as well.
    I haven't used the Tama Roadpro hi-hat stand, but if it's anything like their boom stands, it will last forever.

User Info Menu

I keep looking at the Tama Roadpro, and it'll probably be my next hat stand, but I just can't bring myself to replace my current one yet. I bought a Vex Pro 2 legged hi hat stand a couple years ago, brand new for 80 bucks, and it's still going strong. This stand has features that you usually only find on $200+ stands, like the cam system, adjustable tension and adjustable floorboard height.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Never heard of Vex. but look cool with the 3 chains and adjusting knob with numbers.

User Info Menu

I just bought a DW 3000(DWCP3500) about a month ago. It was on sale at the place I buy gear from(a little mom and pop shop) and it got great reviews, so I bought it. I had a few days to try it out or bring it back. Took it home, got it all adjusted and I love it!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    I am in the market for a new hat stand. Med. to heavy duty. I have a Ludwig 400 Series that I use now, and it works just great.(After I replaced the clutch with a DW clutch.) This is going to be used on my gigging kit, and the Ludwig is going to used with my practice kit. I just wanted to hear your suggestions and ideas because there is such a varied base of good drummers on here. Thanks!
    I'm really happy with my DW5500 two-legged HH stand. But it's heavy!

Pearl and Tama make great stands, too.

Just my $0.02.

Rich
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Update! Just ordered the Mapex H800 Armory series Hi Hat stand in chrome and black.(Will match the piano black finish with the black hardware perfectly.) I checked out several last weekend, and for the money,it will work great.
    "You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.