Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Namm 2015

User Info Menu

Default Re: Namm 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MattDrums View Post
    Did you see the price tag? OUCH

The Tama Acrylics use the same Ming seamless shells as Pearl, PDP, etc so sonically it's the same as every other acrylic kit on the market.
    I know Pearl makes their own acrylic shells. Really, Acrylic is going to sound like acrylic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks4drums View Post
    I know Pearl makes their own acrylic shells. Really, Acrylic is going to sound like acrylic.
    Right, sorry... meant to say Crush.
    The answer to all "Which one should I buy?" questions is the same. Play them and choose the one that sounds best to you.

User Info Menu

And wood is going to sound like wood, right?
    Last edited by xsabers; 02-06-2015 at 03:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Is there any documentation about who makes the various shells and their particulars? I understood that CRUSH shells were initially rather unique, not only being seamless but being softer (more pliable) than a typical acrylic shell.

I may pick up one of those TAMAs though. They look very sharp and their price point is excellent. If they sound as good as the CRUSH drums I've heard anyway. I hate to say it, but if they are the same, then that TAMA badge and hardware adds value down the road.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    And wood is going to sound like wood, right?
    Close, wood is actually going to sound good!

User Info Menu

Some of the BEST sounding drums, actually two out of the three best sounding drums I heard at NAMM were non-wood drums. One was seamed acrylic from Argentina, and another was fiberglass. The best sounding wood drums were from Sleishmann.