Thread: Yamaha DTX562 Questions

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTX562 Questions

Hi All,

I'm considering buying a Yamaha DTX562K electronic kit. I've never owned an electronic kit before. I'm a 49 year old guy and have been drumming semi-professionally for most of my life. I'm looking for an electronic kit to practice on and record with. I do not plan on using this live as I have a Yamaha Recording Custom kit I play out with.

1.) So is this a good kit?
    2.) Can I record this on ProTools multi track?
    It comes with a DTX502 controller: it only has a USB out and not midi.
    Am i able to assign individual channels on ProTools so when I record I can have say snare drum on channel 1, bass drum on channel 2, tom 1 on channel 3, etc.?

If there is a better, but same priced electronic kit out there that would be better to suit my multitrack recording needs, I'm all ears. It looks like this kit is the best priced best quality kit out there at this time.

Thanks for reading.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX562 Questions

any takers? Anyone?

User Info Menu

Looks like a good choice. I use my DTX500 module with Logic Pro X
    so I can't answer your Pro Tools question. Midi-wise I'm sure it will
    do everything you need it to do.
    27 inch iMac 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 40GB Ram - macOS Big Sur 11.6.1
    Logic Pro X 10.7.0 - UA Apollo X6 - UAD-2 Quad Core Satellite TB3
    MOTU 8Pre USB - Yamaha HS7 - MAudio Axiom 61 2nd Gen

User Info Menu

I don't believe the 502 has individual drum outs. The 502 does its midi out via the USB so it does have midi! You can output the drums as midi and each drum/cymbal will be mapped separately into your DAW. You can then overlay a VST (like Addictive Drums or EZ Drummer or BFD eco) which will give you the drums sounds (better than the module). The midi track will also allow you to tweak and edit any inconsistencies in your playing (I'm sure there are none) before you accept the final track. Have fun and post the results.
    Last edited by ThePod; 02-10-2015 at 12:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePod View Post
    I don't believe the 502 has individual drum outs. The 502 does its midi out via the USB so it does have midi! You can output the drums as midi and each drum/cymbal will be mapped separately into your DAW. You can then overlay a VST (like Addictive Drums or EZ Drummer or BFD eco) which will give you the drums sounds (better than the module). The midi track will also allow you to tweak and edit any inconsistencies in your playing (I'm sure there are none) before you accept the final track. Have fun and post the results.
    Correct, the 502 does not have individual outs.
    Hah, no inconsistencies in my drumming.....no way

Thanks for the info.

User Info Menu

...any other takers? I'm also looking at DTX700. Cool software out there as previously started. Any recommendations on that?

User Info Menu

Any other comments? I need all the help I can get.
    1.) I understand the difference between the DTX502 & DTX700. but is the extra money worth it?

2.) On all pads on the DTX700 you have pad and rim triggers, correct?

Thanks all,
    Tdrummer

User Info Menu

You can get a lot of good info on the Yamaha E-kits at dtxperience.com. I used them a lot when I had my E-kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    You can get a lot of good info on the Yamaha E-kits at dtxperience.com. I used them a lot when I had my E-kit.
    Thanks a bunch