Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innastate

User Info Menu

Default Innastate

Hey guys! Wow! I cant believe it has been almost a year since I've last logged on to DC. Aside from that, throughout the past year I've been busy with a new Reggae/Rock band called Innastate. and what a year it has been. We started as a three piece band soon looking for another guitarist, unfortunately we've gone through 3 already and are currently working with another at this time. We have played locally around the Santa Fe area like Albuquerque NM, Taos NM, In Arizona in Flagstaff, Prescott and also Alamosa CO. we've played some great shows, and some not so great. Some of the good shows we've opened up for Pato Banton and The Now Generation Band from UK and now just received word we will be opening up for Cali Reggae-Rock band Through The Roots here in Albuquerque!
    If you get a chance take a listen to our music on Facebook and also at Reverbnation. We'll be releasing a 5 song EP as well, hopefully by the end of this month or early March. Thanks for checking this out! I hope to keep you all updated on my band.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Innastate

Wow congrats on the band success! I think I missed you. I joined the forum last July.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NdnDrummer View Post
    Hey guys! Wow! I cant believe it has been almost a year since I've last logged on to DC. Aside from that, throughout the past year I've been busy with a new Reggae/Rock band called Innastate. and what a year it has been. We started as a three piece band soon looking for another guitarist, unfortunately we've gone through 3 already and are currently working with another at this time. We have played locally around the Santa Fe area like Albuquerque NM, Taos NM, In Arizona in Flagstaff, Prescott and also Alamosa CO. we've played some great shows, and some not so great. Some of the good shows we've opened up for Pato Banton and The Now Generation Band from UK and now just received word we will be opening up for Cali Reggae-Rock band Through The Roots here in Albuquerque!
    If you get a chance take a listen to our music on Facebook and also at Reverbnation. We'll be releasing a 5 song EP as well, hopefully by the end of this month or early March. Thanks for checking this out! I hope to keep you all updated on my band.

Welcome back brother.....................do you have any videos on youtube?

User Info Menu

that's great news! Congrats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Welcome back brother.....................do you have any videos on youtube?
    We have two videos I believe. One video is from when we first started out which is of really poor quality and we sound terrible haha. I believe there is another floating around that sounds decent. I'll be sure to try and post them up later!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    that's great news! Congrats
    Thanks man! Feels good to be back!

User Info Menu

Hey everyone, I know I've been pretty inactive with the site here. With work, the band, and all other activities I haven't put forth much effort into forums these days..
    Anyways, just thought I'd check in with all of you and provide a small update of the band.

Back in April of 2015 we released a 5 song self-titled EP which had some pretty good success and good feedback from many.. As of now we are currently in process of working on a full length album hoping to release in the Fall of 2016.

We are no longer a 3 piece group! Haha! Since then we've been working with another guitar player, a keyboard player and a sax player! They're all great musicians and add a new sound to our group.. I look forward to continue working with them

Throughout the year we have established a good connection with the local scene and continue to try expand our music with others.. we've had more opportunities to open up for national acts such as Stick Figure from California, Ballyhoo! from Maryland and New Kingston from NY. I'd have to say it's been really fun so far!

If anyone is interested look us up on social media or hit me up if you want to know more! I promise this time I'll try to update more than once per year! Haha!
    Here's a few links to some of our pages:
    https://www.facebook.com/Innastateband
    https://www.reverbnation.com/innastate
    https://www.instagram.com/innastate/

User Info Menu

Here's a recent video taken from one of our gigs not too long ago.. Check it out!

User Info Menu

That's good stuff right there.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    That's good stuff right there.
    +1

Great job!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! We sure have come a ways since we started as a 3 piece! I have a bunch more material that I need to cut and edit and I'll be sure to share!

User Info Menu

Great groove. I'll pay to come see you guys

User Info Menu

So we've got a gig tomorrow up in Dulce, NM for the Little Beaver celebration on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation.. this will be our 3rd year playing.. pay is pretty good, sound is usually good and a nice outdoor stage for all the bands.. sometimes they'll throw in some free rooms for those of us in the group.

It should be a fun time, I look forward to playing this again! I'll see if maybe I can have someone snatch up some pics or take some video to share with all of you!

User Info Menu

So we've got a gig tomorrow up in Dulce, NM for the Little Beaver celebration on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation.. this will be our 3rd year playing.. pay is pretty good, sound is usually good and a nice outdoor stage for all the bands.. sometimes they'll throw in some free rooms for those of us in the group.

It should be a fun time, I look forward to playing this again! I'll see if maybe I can have someone snatch up some pics or take some video to share with all of you!
    How did it go? Any pics?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    How did it go? Any pics?
    Hey man! Sorry for the late response. It's been a pretty crazy week..
    I didn't get any pics myself but I saw a few floating around my FB newsfeed so I'll grab a few off there and post up soon..

We had a gig last night in Santa Fe at a local Bar/Restaurant near the Railyard called Boxcar. We split the bill with another Reggae group out of Albuquerque called The Riddims. This was our first time at Boxcar and we had a really good time other than some miscommunication with some of the bar staff. At some point someone stated that the band was offered free food but no band tab for drinks .. Boo no beer! Then somehow as a group, we somehow acquired a tab which someone was buying beer and food which racked up a bill over $100.. None of us never even had the opportunity to take advantage of the "free" food and certainly never opened up a tab so it became a little dilemma towards the end of the night. Eventually, I think things got worked out and all was ok..

User Info Menu

We had a gig last night in Santa Fe at a local Bar/Restaurant near the Railyard called Boxcar...

...we somehow acquired a tab which someone was buying beer...which racked up a bill over $100...

...never opened up a tab so it became a little dilemma towards the end of the night...
    Sounds like a scene from one of my favorite movies:

User Info Menu

Then somehow as a group, we somehow acquired a tab which someone was buying beer and food which racked up a bill over $100.. None of us never even had the opportunity to take advantage of the "free" food and certainly never opened up a tab so it became a little dilemma towards the end of the night. Eventually, I think things got worked out and all was ok..
    Aaahhhh............the mysterious phantom bar tab demon strikes again.......muahhhhaahhhahhhhhahhhhaahhhhaaaaaaaaa

User Info Menu

Haha! You guys are too funny.. it certainly was an interesting night for sure with all that going on..

But as promised and better late than never.. here are a few pics!

This is right before we jumped on stage.. one of our good friends who comes to almost all our shows took this picture of us before we rocked out!

Here's another.. of course you can't see me haha

Oh and BTW, here's a show that is coming up fast that we were recently added to and beyond excited to play!! If you don't know who Tribal Seeds is, I would definitely recommend them.. They're one of the bigger names within American reggae music today and pretty dang awesome!! We're so fortunate to play this show and it'll also be our first time playing at the Sunshine Theater in Albuquerque! I've grown up going to shows at Sunshine and have always wanted to play here so it'll definitely be one to remember!

User Info Menu

Wow. Solid looking band. Curious...does anyone play bass, or are they simply not visible in the performance pic?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Sorry. Self explained. I can see a Hartke bass amp way off to the right.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Sorry. Self explained. I can see a Hartke bass amp way off to the right.

all the best...
    Ha no problem! Me and the bass player are not pictured. He was just off to the right and well.. I was being blocked of course lol

User Info Menu

Haha! You guys are too funny.. it certainly was an interesting night for sure with all that going on..

But as promised and better late than never.. here are a few pics!

This is right before we jumped on stage.. one of our good friends who comes to almost all our shows took this picture of us before we rocked out!

Here's another.. of course you can't see me haha

Oh and BTW, here's a show that is coming up fast that we were recently added to and beyond excited to play!! If you don't know who Tribal Seeds is, I would definitely recommend them.. They're one of the bigger names within American reggae music today and pretty dang awesome!! We're so fortunate to play this show and it'll also be our first time playing at the Sunshine Theater in Albuquerque! I've grown up going to shows at Sunshine and have always wanted to play here so it'll definitely be one to remember!

This might be a "smok'n" good time Ndndrummer! Looking forward to seeing the next video! Good luck man.
    Last edited by late8; 07-27-2016 at 04:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I was being blocked of course lol
    Yeah, that hardly ever happens, said no drummer ever.

Looks like a good band and a sax player....Awesome!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    This might be a "smok'n" good time Ndndrummer! Looking forward to seeing the next video! Good luck man.
    Haha it'll be a good time for sure! I have quite a bit of material from some shows back in April, I just haven't had any time to edit it. Hopefully soon i'll get the ball rolling and work on it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Yeah, that hardly ever happens, said no drummer ever.

Looks like a good band and a sax player....Awesome!
    Thanks! Appreciate the kind words!
    Haha and it seems like it happens quite often whenever someone takes pictures during our set..