Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My PDP X7

User Info Menu

Default Re: My PDP X7

All Mic'd up ready to go

User Info Menu

Look classy Spaz and nice work with the hanging toms,solved the tom movement problem. The overhead view looks great
    Last edited by myk; 03-17-2015 at 11:48 AM.

User Info Menu

SpazApproved - your orange PDP kit sure looks great under the lights! That was a steal of a deal. I've enjoyed this thread seeing your labour of love, and all the things you have done to that kit. Thanks for sharing both the succesful and not so successful upgrades - it's all good info. BTW that Yamaha kit of yours is incredible!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    SpazApproved - your orange PDP kit sure looks great under the lights! That was a steal of a deal. I've enjoyed this thread seeing your labour of love, and all the things you have done to that kit. Thanks for sharing both the succesful and not so successful upgrades - it's all good info. BTW that Yamaha kit of yours is incredible!
    Thank you sir. Our band manager always laughs at me cause I will setup my kit and stare at it for a couple of minutes and he knows exactly whats on my mind... what can I do next to make it better, easier, quicker or look nicer.

Next on my thought process is buying another angle stacker. I think it would look great with one height bar going across the entire kit for the rack. Instead of the floor rack toms being on a lower bar. Raise the bar and flip the mounts upside down so the rack is a one piece across. I think that would look great. I also plan on swapping out those Gibraltar L arms on the 3 top rack toms cause they drive me nuts and going with the cleaner PDP/DW L Arms and making the toms more flat. That's always been on my list but don't want to spend the $80-90 bucks to replace the Gibraltars that cost just as much and in the end didn't like them. I thought with the adjustable balls I'd be happier but they are to big and bulky for my liking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Thank you sir. Our band manager always laughs at me cause I will setup my kit and stare at it for a couple of minutes and he knows exactly whats on my mind... what can I do next to make it better, easier, quicker or look nicer.

Next on my thought process is buying another angle stacker. I think it would look great with one height bar going across the entire kit for the rack. Instead of the floor rack toms being on a lower bar. Raise the bar and flip the mounts upside down so the rack is a one piece across. I think that would look great. I also plan on swapping out those Gibraltar L arms on the 3 top rack toms cause they drive me nuts and going with the cleaner PDP/DW L Arms and making the toms more flat. That's always been on my list but don't want to spend the $80-90 bucks to replace the Gibraltars that cost just as much and in the end didn't like them. I thought with the adjustable balls I'd be happier but they are to big and bulky for my liking.
    Want to borrow some of my meds?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks4drums View Post
    Want to borrow some of my meds?

I probably should!! I'm one of those horribly addicted people with horrible OCD.. just look at my racecar too... truthfully have cleaned it with toothbrushes. You can eat off of it. Always cleaning it, modifying it, wire tucking etc.

User Info Menu

Hey Spaz, I want to thank you for getting me motivated. I'm now a member of the blanking plate club. I made the plate myself with the help of a hardware store. I used tempered flashing metal, some chrome bolts and a transfer decal logo. It was cheap to make and it will have to do.

User Info Menu

Nice plate!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike. . . . . and by the way, I'm another Mike, as if Drum chat needs another one.lol.

User Info Menu

Mike that looks awesome man!!! Great work! You did an amazing job etching out that logo. Nice craftsmanship.

User Info Menu

All Mic'd up ready to go

Great photos..............I could hit those hard.
    The rig looks so solid, so strong, completely unshakable.
    Good job.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

After months of searching and a little bit of luck (thank you Weezy) I was able to get my hands on the very Limited Edition Jimmy DeGrasso signature over ride cymbal. They only made 200 in production. It's a 23" ride with a massive bell larger than my hand.

Here are the pics! It's MASSIVE and weighs a TON

User Info Menu

Also scored these from an online store. They think they will fit I won't know until tomorrow. They are PDP tom memory locks according to them. Sent me six at no charge since they were just lying around he said.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Thanks Mike. . . . . and by the way, I'm another Mike, as if Drum chat needs another one.lol.
    Should we make a Mikechat?

User Info Menu

Also scored these from an online store. They think they will fit I won't know until tomorrow. They are PDP tom memory locks according to them. Sent me six at no charge since they were just lying around he said.

What a deal! You weren't overcharged, were you?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    What a deal! You weren't overcharged, were you?

GeeDeeEmm
    They didn't even charge me shipping blew my mind. I won't post any links but thank you Cymbal Fusion.

User Info Menu

Also picked this up to finish off my kit. 16" O-ZONE crash

Came with a free Sabian cymbal bag.

User Info Menu

I played around on several of the Ozone crashes the other day at Guitar Center, and i really like them. Can't get enough of that immediate crash with just-as-sudden decay. If it weren't for simply having no convenient spaces left around my set for more cymbals, I'd have to try one of those. May have to do it, anyway!

I'd never seen one of the Override cymbals. Sure would be nice to hear it - hint, hint.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

the ozone is like my china had a baby with my crash. Beautiful fast bright sound with a quick decay

User Info Menu

Good score spaz, I myself have been checking those out. they are great!. . . .I'll get one soon.

User Info Menu

Dude, that kit is amazing!!! Good work!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I played around on several of the Ozone crashes the other day at Guitar Center, and i really like them. Can't get enough of that immediate crash with just-as-sudden decay. If it weren't for simply having no convenient spaces left around my set for more cymbals, I'd have to try one of those. May have to do it, anyway!

I'd never seen one of the Override cymbals. Sure would be nice to hear it - hint, hint.

GeeDeeEmm
    GeeDeeEmm - have you tried the Sabian B8 version of the Ozone? If not, well worth doing. Actually that tip came from a Sabian rep my son knows. He said the B8 version, for some reason, was special. I realize the B8 line is entry level stuff and, to be honest, there aren't many I have heard that I have liked. But, got to tell ya, I bought that B8 Ozone (16") and it is very, very good!

User Info Menu

^I'll have to check one out myself now. So I can compare

User Info Menu

the ozone is like my china had a baby with my crash. Beautiful fast bright sound with a quick decay
    been thinking about getting one for a while..............our worship leader hates the sound of a china.......but I'm looking for something "quick and bright" for those fast accents

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    been thinking about getting one for a while..............our worship leader hates the sound of a china.......but I'm looking for something "quick and bright" for those fast accents
    I definitely recommend it then!