Drum Domains
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 358

Thread: My PDP X7

  1. #201

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    thanks, now I just need to learn how to file the snare for the wires and strainer.
    Cutting a snare bed can be tricky...............proceed with caution.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  2. #202

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Had the most embarrassing show ever yesterday.. I'll tell the story in an actual thread. Anyways set up my rack took a quick pic. Here are my new lock accessories I ordered for the rack.


    You can see on my carpet my rack marks for easy install. The rack parts are also all labeled A,B,C,D for easy setup.



    and drums installed



    Sorry not very good but just thought I'd share
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  3. #203

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    So stoked! My drumset showed up at work today!! I'll take photos tonight when I get home! I won't be setting up a double bass setup for awhile. So I'll setup a small 4 piece with the new kit. Good for small shows or times I don't want to setup my full 9 piece kit.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  4. #204

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    A double base version of the orange monster would be hella cool. LOL!
    Last edited by CycleDude; 01-19-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

    Drummers can be very tempomental.....

  5. #205

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Had the most embarrassing show ever yesterday.. I'll tell the story in an actual thread. Anyways set up my rack took a quick pic. Here are my new lock accessories I ordered for the rack.


    You can see on my carpet my rack marks for easy install. The rack parts are also all labeled A,B,C,D for easy setup.



    and drums installed



    Sorry not very good but just thought I'd share
    Looks good!

  6. #206

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    so here it is!

    Bringing her home (had them shipped to my work) got them all in in two boxes


    oh man they are so sparky! Minus the kick and 12" they were brand new still in box never used.. stock heads and came in the factory boxes


    Love this sparkle.. hate this bassdrum mount...


    so I took it off! I'm ordering another plate with my logo on it like the other kick!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  7. #207

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    DW tag inside


    here she is smiling at me!


    Have to take some kind of fancy photo...




    I'm so excited! But again I won't be setting it up as a double bass kit for awhile. I might even set this up as a quick play 4 piece!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  8. #208

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    I cannot believe that you were finally able to find a matching X7 kit. Congratulations, Spaz! Can't wait to see the kit set up as a double bass kit. You may inspire me to look for another bass for my CX Maple White Onyx kit. That will be considerably easier to find - I think.

    GeeDeeEmm

  9. #209

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I cannot believe that you were finally able to find a matching X7 kit. Congratulations, Spaz! Can't wait to see the kit set up as a double bass kit. You may inspire me to look for another bass for my CX Maple White Onyx kit. That will be considerably easier to find - I think.

    GeeDeeEmm

    A year of daily searching finally over!! I have literally found every color ever but orange until the last week or two. I can't believe it either and can't wait. I'll have to order up another rack bar or two but that'll come later.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  10. #210

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Congrats!!! Always fun to play with new gear.
    Signature here

  11. #211

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Looks great...........congrats

  12. #212

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Do you have the double bass set up yet? when will we see the mega kit??

  13. #213

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    Do you have the double bass set up yet? when will we see the mega kit??
    No not yet. I'll need to order some new parts now.

    I need shorter curved bars for the front rack.
    Right now I have a 42" single curved bar I'll need two shorter ones.
    Also need to order the DW Hi Hat stabilizer and remove the legs of my stand.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  14. #214

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    This DB kit is going to be awesome.
    I need you to inspire everyone at this board to go out and buy a DB kit; then maybe I can sell one !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  15. #215

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    This DB kit is going to be awesome.
    I need you to inspire everyone at this board to go out and buy a DB kit; then maybe I can sell one !
    3 of my 5 kits will now be a true double bass setup

    I don't really want this orange one to get any larger.
    It's plenty big the way it is. Just a new bass drum and a new floor tom snare I'm going to make!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  16. #216

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Good stuff!

  17. #217

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    3 of my 5 kits will now be a true double bass setup

    I don't really want this orange one to get any larger.
    It's plenty big the way it is. Just a new bass drum and a new floor tom snare I'm going to make!
    ha, we'll have to reference this comment when we see you've bought a 3rd orange sparkle in a couple months

  18. #218

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    ha, we'll have to reference this comment when we see you've bought a 3rd orange sparkle in a couple months

  19. #219

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    I'm excited my throw off and butt (hehe) came in the mail last night!

    I of course went with the DW Magnetic throw off. It's such a silky smooth throw.
    Once you've tried it/used it everything else feels clunky.

    Time to read up on filing that shell for it!
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  20. #220

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Awesome find spaz. Love that color more every time I see it. Can't wait to see you put it all together, when that time comes.

  21. #221

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'm excited my throw off and butt (hehe) came in the mail last night!

    I of course went with the DW Magnetic throw off. It's such a silky smooth throw.
    Once you've tried it/used it everything else feels clunky.

    Time to read up on filing that shell for it!
    ............post some "in-progress" pics if you can

    I'm seriously thinking about converting a Floor tom to a "Ballad" snare too...........just for fun

  22. #222

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Yo Spaz, where can I find a pic of your Yamaha-kit?
    System of Power

  23. #223

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    Yo Spaz, where can I find a pic of your Yamaha-kit?
    I don't have any cool good ones like of my PDP.... It just sits in the basement. I've actually put it back to 3 on the top and cut down the rack bars to fit perfectly. This picture is older.

    My Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (the Maple Monster)



    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  24. #224

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Dude that Yamaha is insane!!!! The PDP is also epic! The PDP just looks classy to me. Congrats man

  25. #225

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: My PDP X7

    Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Dude that Yamaha is insane!!!! The PDP is also epic! The PDP just looks classy to me. Congrats man
    yeah the Yamaha just kinda grew out of control like a weed.
    I absolutely love it don't get me wrong but I agree my PDP kit looks so much classier and fancier it makes me want to redo the entire Yamaha kit and clean it up.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •