Think you could make me quit NR?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Past DrumChat Members

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Think you could make me quit NR?

Dunno, but I'd have fun trying!

User Info Menu

The challenge would be not getting banned in the process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Dunno, but I'd have fun trying!

You must know that it will never happen.

If dealing with Marines for almost 2 years on a daily basis didn't make me lose it, nothing here is going to do it.

User Info Menu

You must know that it will never happen.

If dealing with Marines for almost 2 years on a daily basis didn't make me lose it, nothing here is going to do it.
    Glad to hear you won't be leaving any time soon.
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Shab was great. He was just a massive head of hair playin' drums. Ratmycue was a funny dude. I liked Martinez. I remember when his family came stateside for a vacation, and he got a ludwig snare. I liked igaliki or lgaliki's videos. I also liked the DamageDrummer+late8 teamup thread...
    Last edited by Kazaamski; 02-20-2015 at 01:19 AM.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how many people that we talk to every day through forums (like this one) pass away. Maybe sickness, car accidents, whatever, and no one knows it. They're just "gone".
    I've thought the same thing.

Thought about giving my wife the password, and let you guys know, when I pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wondered what happened to Markadiddle. Hope he did not leave because of me calling him a name over the e-cigarettes issues if so I have not had a chance to say that I was sorry cause I thought we had made up for past posts until this one. Sorry man hope you come back.
    Hate to say it but I do think that was exactly the straw that broke the camel's back as it were. His last post was replying to your name-calling that, while it had been deleted by the mods in your post, was quoted in another which he saw. Otherwise he likely wouldn't have seen it as he mentioned he had you blocked. My guess is that's when late8 decided to take an extended break as well. I can't speak for either of those guys but this place has been diminished by their absence.

Just being real...

User Info Menu

Can't forget BongoBro, although I think he reappears occasionally.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Hate to say it but I do think that was exactly the straw that broke the camel's back as it were. His last post was replying to your name-calling that, while it had been deleted by the mods in your post, was quoted in another which he saw. Otherwise he likely wouldn't have seen it as he mentioned he had you blocked. My guess is that's when late8 decided to take an extended break as well. I can't speak for either of those guys but this place has been diminished by their absence.

Just being real...
    He could dish but couldn't take it. I post more now knowing that he isn't there to dispute or criticise everything I say. If I would of known how to block I would blocked him too. I find late8 absence is a great loss as I respected Rich and he too respected me but as Markadiddle what can I say.

User Info Menu

Biting my tounge.

User Info Menu

Biting my tounge.
    Good for you! I think if more of us did this, then we would all get along better. A drum site is like a dysfunctional family. Everyone has their stuff, and we all need to get along for the greater good. I will be the first to admit I have an edge, and like to share my opinion's on these sites. I continually have to check myself, for jumping on others opinions if they don't coincide with mine. Quite often the check doesn't work, but we carry on for the good of the site. If you have a problem with someone, shoot them a PM, and work it out like adults. If you leave because a few people rub you the wrong way, you will never be part of anything. If someone is bothering you, or you are bothering them, then talk it out in private. Out in the open rarely works. All it does is make someone defensive, and the fight begins. Nobody likes to be called out in a crowd. Group hug!
    Last edited by Sticks4drums; 02-20-2015 at 12:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyone know how BlueSky is doing? (I think that was her screen name?). Her husband was very sick with cancer.....I hope everything is going well for her.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Biting my tounge.
    Thank you and I know he is a friend of yours it would be normal to stand for him. I am sorry it happened but it could of well been me and who would of cared right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks4drums View Post
    Good for you! I think if more of us did this, then we would all get along better. A drum site is like a dysfunctional family. Everyone has their stuff, and we all need to get along for the greater good. I will be the first to admit I have an edge, and like to share my opinion's on these sites. I continually have to check myself, for jumping on others opinions if they don't coincide with mine. Quite often the check doesn't work, but we carry on for the good of the site. If you have a problem with someone, shoot them a PM, and work it out like adults. If you leave because a few people rub you the wrong way, you will never be part of anything. If someone is bothering you, or you are bothering them, then talk it out in private. Out in the open rarely works. All it does is make someone defensive, and the fight begins. Nobody likes to be called out in a crowd. Group hug!
    Sticks you have mellowed and that is good. I will take your advise and pm that person in the future. Thanks

User Info Menu

I am not on here nearly as much as I used to be. And some of it is because I just get too busy with the daily grind. However, some of it does have to do with some of the "usual suspects" Tom mentioned. I've made some really good friends on this site and I've had a blast being a part of this awesome online community. I really don't participate with any other drum forums out there. When I want to talk drums, this is where I go. I've been a member here since 2008, and I remember a lot of the old names coming up, like roaddebris, Frank, cycledude, damage, and many others. When I first got on this site I had an amazing time meeting new people and talking about my passion. Over the years however, I've seen a lot of those people leave DC. And I know many people are active for a while then they either move on to someting else, or they pop in every once in a while. But I'm talking about the guys who have left because of the atmosphere in DC.

Don't get me wrong here, I've seen and have been a part of some fairly heated discussions on here in the past...but back then it always seemed to at least end civilized. Over the past couple years or so I've seen DC members just straight lash out at other members, and be completely disrespectful. Over the past couple years I've had to bite my tongue a lot...and knowing I'm not the only one through PMs with friends have almost just deleted my account. The world still turns wether or not I belong to an online drum forum. People sometimes become a completely different person once they log on to the internet, and it makes me laugh. I don't understand the need to blatantly lie about your playing ability, or your musical accomplishments, or empty reviews on gear steering beginning drummers in the wrong direction for reasons I won't mention.

At the end of the day, I know that I am a mediocre drummer, and even with that limited ability I've managed to do some pretty cool things and have had some awesome musicians in my life over the years. And I still come on here and enjoy discussing all things percussion related with many of the members here...but that doesn't change the fact that I have watched a pretty steady decline of quality musicians on this site over the last few years for reasons I've already stated. It's sad actually, and I miss chatting with a lot of them.

Ok, well I think I've rambled on long enough...
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Great post RH. Thank you for your thoughts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    I am not on here nearly as much as I used to be. And some of it is because I just get too busy with the daily grind. However, some of it does have to do with some of the "usual suspects" Tom mentioned. I've made some really good friends on this site and I've had a blast being a part of this awesome online community. I really don't participate with any other drum forums out there. When I want to talk drums, this is where I go. I've been a member here since 2008, and I remember a lot of the old names coming up, like roaddebris, Frank, cycledude, damage, and many others. When I first got on this site I had an amazing time meeting new people and talking about my passion. Over the years however, I've seen a lot of those people leave DC. And I know many people are active for a while then they either move on to someting else, or they pop in every once in a while. But I'm talking about the guys who have left because of the atmosphere in DC.

Don't get me wrong here, I've seen and have been a part of some fairly heated discussions on here in the past...but back then it always seemed to at least end civilized. Over the past couple years or so I've seen DC members just straight lash out at other members, and be completely disrespectful. Over the past couple years I've had to bite my tongue a lot...and knowing I'm not the only one through PMs with friends have almost just deleted my account. The world still turns wether or not I belong to an online drum forum. People sometimes become a completely different person once they log on to the internet, and it makes me laugh. I don't understand the need to blatantly lie about your playing ability, or your musical accomplishments, or empty reviews on gear steering beginning drummers in the wrong direction for reasons I won't mention.

At the end of the day, I know that I am a mediocre drummer, and even with that limited ability I've managed to do some pretty cool things and have had some awesome musicians in my life over the years. And I still come on here and enjoy discussing all things percussion related with many of the members here...but that doesn't change the fact that I have watched a pretty steady decline of quality musicians on this site over the last few years for reasons I've already stated. It's sad actually, and I miss chatting with a lot of them.

Ok, well I think I've rambled on long enough...
    When I was a newbie on this forum, I looked up to quite a few guys on here. Sad to say half of them left. This is a DRUM FORUM. It's like the floodgates opened. All of a sudden, members are posting some nasty things.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Having seen "debates" to full blown "arguments" break out with "friends" sitting in a bar having a few beers, out having dinner with several friends and their GF's/wives, 5-6 guys working on a car, and a few other things that puts some people together, does anybody think that if the people are together in the same area for 15-30 minutes, that something from a minor disagreement to a over-the-top argument isn't going to happen.

Now if you put said people (drummers) who have fairly strong opinions about brands of drums, cymbals, hardware, styles of music, and the biggest firestarter, which drummers we like, and which drummers we don't. That equals:

Dynamite................F...U...S...E............. .............................Fire

I'm coming up on 4 years on this forum. I've seen a lot of people come and go. There are all sorts of reasons that people leave. Some don't like it, some quit playing and move on, some don't have the time, some get rubbed the wrong way by someone else, etc. etc. etc....

If anybody on any type of forum thinks there isn't going to be "disagreements" on that forum, they are kidding themselves.

I like Ludwig drums, Zildjian cymbals, Tama hardware, Evans heads, Vic Firth sticks, and Buddy Rich. So shoot me.

User Info Menu

People come and go. Some people get butthurt about things people say on the innernette and leave. Some people just get bored. Some people die. Some people have kids. Some people lose their jobs. Some people get transferred across the world. Some people people just stop playing. C'est la vie
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    People come and go. Some people get butthurt about things people say on the innernette and leave. Some people just get bored. Some people die. Some people have kids. Some people lose their jobs. Some people get transferred across the world. Some people people just stop playing. C'est la vie
    Having seen "debates" to full blown "arguments" break out with "friends" sitting in a bar having a few beers, out having dinner with several friends and their GF's/wives, 5-6 guys working on a car, and a few other things that puts some people together, does anybody think that if the people are together in the same area for 15-30 minutes, that something from a minor disagreement to a over-the-top argument isn't going to happen.

Now if you put said people (drummers) who have fairly strong opinions about brands of drums, cymbals, hardware, styles of music, and the biggest firestarter, which drummers we like, and which drummers we don't. That equals:

Dynamite................F...U...S...E............. .............................Fire

I'm coming up on 4 years on this forum. I've seen a lot of people come and go. There are all sorts of reasons that people leave. Some don't like it, some quit playing and move on, some don't have the time, some get rubbed the wrong way by someone else, etc. etc. etc....

If anybody on any type of forum thinks there isn't going to be "disagreements" on that forum, they are kidding themselves.

I like Ludwig drums, Zildjian cymbals, Tama hardware, Evans heads, Vic Firth sticks, and Buddy Rich. So shoot me.

Agreed!

-Mike

User Info Menu

I've noticed from other forums over the years, it can be difficult expressing opinions or thoughts by mere words. I really think most of the "scuffles" would not happen if it were a face-to-face conversation. Communication is more than words; we also rely on body language, voice inflection and even a certain amount of "vibe". When those aspects don't exist, and we are forced to rely on interpretation of written word, it becomes very hard to accurately determine the motivation or nature of intent. I always try to read posts from a factual perspective and not interpret any negative intent on behalf of the poster.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I've found out that "Go to Hell" comes across verbally as well as with the written words.

User Info Menu

If every one could simply learn the difference between FACT and OPINION it would be really cool. These two things always get intertwined and it causes arguments. I'll try to explain with a simple example.

OPINION: Ludwig are the best sounding drums ever.

FACT: Ludwig the most famous name on drums.

See that? One is personal, the other is scientifically provable!!

Sometimes I see thing explode on these forums and feelings get rubbed but usually it's just overlooking facts.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    If every one could simply learn the difference between FACT and OPINION it would be really cool. These two things always get intertwined and it causes arguments. I'll try to explain with a simple example.

OPINION: Ludwig are the biest sounding drums ever.

FACT: Ludwig the most famous name on drums.

See that? One is personal, the other is scientifically provable!!

Sometimes I see thing explode on these forums and feelings get rubbed but usually it's just overlooking facts.

all the best...
    Exactly