Thread: Mapex Falcon Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Falcon Hardware

Has anyone tried any of the Falcon series hardware, specifically the hi-hat stand? I saw some of the boom stands at a local store and was pretty impressed with the amount of adjustability, and the quick release system. The hi-hat stand really interests me because apparently the legs can be removed. I have a Yamaha hat stand and was thinking of cutting off the legs and mounting it to my rack but this might be a better option and I won't ruin the stand if I want to use it separately later on. The prices don't seem bad at all for pro stands either.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Falcon Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    Has anyone tried any of the Falcon series hardware, specifically the hi-hat stand? I saw some of the boom stands at a local store and was pretty impressed with the amount of adjustability, and the quick release system. The hi-hat stand really interests me because apparently the legs can be removed. I have a Yamaha hat stand and was thinking of cutting off the legs and mounting it to my rack but this might be a better option and I won't ruin the stand if I want to use it separately later on. The prices don't seem bad at all for pro stands either.
    Yes I have all the new Falcon hardware. The hi hats are great. The legs come off by loosening two thumb bolts. Takes about 30 seconds. There is a big ring that you can reach down and turn for adjustment. It comes with a short and long rod. It also has spiked feet if you want them. It also has a nice narrow foot board for when you group it with other stands.

The Bass pedals are also great. Very smooth, adjustable, and nice looking. Again they have a very small footprint.

Snare basket has a centered ball and socket joint for infinite adaptability. It also has spiked feet if you want them.

I have one of the cymbal stands. It is very adjustable, with memory locks at all positions. Adjusting the cymbal head is done with one lever. I think I still prefer the older ball and socket joint on the older stands. It is much more sleek looking. Plus they don't have any multi stands with the new stands, so you will still have to mix and match if you are supporting a bigger kit with stands.

One thing that often gets overlooked is the quality of chrome on drum hardware. I have always found Mapex Chrome quality to be among the best out there. I also like that Mapex uses all polished chrome on their hardware. Most companies out there use a lot of small alluminum, or frosted parts on their stands, and I don't like the mix of finishes. DW, Tama, and Yamaha are among some of the companies that do this.

User Info Menu

As much as I like chrome I want the falcon Hi Hat stand in black. I have a custom Gretsch set it would be great for. The falcon Hi Hat stand looks like it has a lot of cool options. I don't think it comes in black.

User Info Menu

Just got the Falcon hi-hat stand in the mail, and wow! It feels excellent, the legs come off with standard wing nuts, the quick release clutch works great and it's going to mount perfectly to my rack. Definitely worth the money although it helps that I got it on sale too!