Thread: Senri Kawaguchi awesome drummer

User Info Menu

Default Senri Kawaguchi awesome drummer

I think she does overplay a bit but I really like a lot of her fills. They groove and have taste. I was really impressed when i first saw this. I play guitar and I see alot of guitarist who are much faster than me lick wise but I always think to myself...They are doing a lot of talking but are they saying anything?

In my quest to learn drums I see that comes up when I watch players go wild.
    Are they grooving? are they really saying anything? Would less be more?

What I found funny was somebody wrote in the comments...Neil Peart reads title.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Senri Kawaguchi awesome drummer

I guess Keith Moon had a one night stand with a geisha girl...
    Last edited by wired; 02-24-2015 at 05:26 AM.

User Info Menu

holy crap! Yeah I'm not going to lie that super impressive! And nothing about girls but there's really not that many great women drummers out there. And the some of the girls play like girls.. they have a way of playing drums which is girly... she though just plays drums and whales on them and that's awesome!

User Info Menu

Wow

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    I think she does overplay a bit
    Well, overplaying is the whole point of videos showcasing hot young drummers, right? She wouldn't have drawn anybody's attention if she'd been playing a simple groove. She's good, and she set out to prove it!

Your point is well-taken, though.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

You're right. you can tell that this was a showcase for her to display her talent,it may even be a competition piece. But I think if I was listening to this on the radio then that's what I would think.

But here I'm gonna be brutally honest about something and some will no doubt get offended. I'm not a fan of "Blast Beats" I think it shows how degenerate and moronic
    society has become in the past few years. I understand a lot of drummers and other musicians want to convey an aggressive feeling to their music. But it needs to be done with discretion and intelligence. I much prefer this style of playing even if it's over the top then somebody just playing straight 16ths on the double bass thru out the whole song..

Maybe she should do like Ginger Baker and start challenging certain over hyped people to showdowns. Just imagine how good she's gonna get in a few years.If she's already this good now.
    Last edited by wired; 02-24-2015 at 05:51 PM.

User Info Menu

That was pretty awesome.

User Info Menu

Her latest video:

- Zack

User Info Menu

My favorite tune off her latest solo album:

Last edited by dangermoney; 02-24-2015 at 08:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Yes indeed awesome
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

just watched the new videos so impressive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    holy crap! Yeah I'm not going to lie that super impressive! And nothing about girls but there's really not that many great women drummers out there. And the some of the girls play like girls.. they have a way of playing drums which is girly... she though just plays drums and whales on them and that's awesome!

Spaz, you might want to check this young lady out.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    But here I'm gonna be brutally honest about something and some will no doubt get offended. I'm not a fan of "Blast Beats" I think it shows how degenerate and moronic
    society has become in the past few years. I understand a lot of drummers and other musicians want to convey an aggressive feeling to their music. But it needs to be done with discretion and intelligence. I much prefer this style of playing even if it's over the top then somebody just playing straight 16ths on the double bass thru out the whole song..
    Where did that come from?
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Also,

ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Spaz, you might want to check this young lady out.
    you always come through for me Rick