Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do think makes best hardware?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Who do think makes best hardware?

Ahead has pedals out now with hardware soon to follow for 2015.The pedals look pretty good.

User Info Menu

There is so much good stuff out there now. Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Gibralter, they all make great stuff. As it pretty much goes with most things, you get what you pay for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    I've seen several mentions of the "one company makes it all" and Gibralter makes dw hardware". I can believe that most of the drum hardware is made by the same co.(s), but Gibralter makes dw? They are totally different! Other than the double bracing which is similar on all stands the locking mechanisms and toothless swivel mounts are different.
    Maybe the Chinese co. that makes Gibralter makes dw as well....?
    Anyone have hard facts?
    The company is called Reliance Musical Instruments and they are among the largest OEM builders in the drum industry. They manufacture parts and products for a variety of popular brands, including DW and Ludwig, among others. They have 2 well known brands of their own, Gibraltar and Dixon. They build the products to the specifications of the customer, so it's a little more involved than changing the sticker, but same factories, same workers, raw materials, etc.

To respond to the OP, it says a lot to me that the majority of backline and studio rental companies on the planet provides Yamaha hardware. Pearl and Tama also have rock solid reputations.
    The answer to all "Which one should I buy?" questions is the same. Play them and choose the one that sounds best to you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Here is something out the blue. . . .NATAL hardware swivel ball mounts are aluminum (ball itself).
    I've heard the rods are a lot thinner then the average 10.5mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Right. I'd heard of Reliance and their story. So it's not Gibralter makes dw. It's Reliance makes most everybody.
    Bottom line is all the upper echelon hardware is great stuff. You just have to decide which features you like, want, need....and what you want to pay.

User Info Menu

DIXON all the way! Bought when I got my Gretsch's in 83. Still going strong.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Me it always been Pearl's 1000 series hardware. Very sturdy and will hold any size cymbals you got. Double braced legs with memory locks what could you ask for. Not putting any other brand down just that Pearl is the only that I have experience with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Right. I'd heard of Reliance and their story. So it's not Gibralter makes dw. It's Reliance makes most everybody.
    Bottom line is all the upper echelon hardware is great stuff. You just have to decide which features you like, want, need....and what you want to pay.
    Best answer so far!

User Info Menu

Pearl 850/855/950/955 series, from about twenty years ago. Ideal balance between simplicity and sturdiness.

User Info Menu

I have hardware from Dw (hihat-pedals),Pearl (holders), Tama (l-mount, tom mounts), Gibraltar (cymbal stackers) and Meinl (a chimes holder) and they are all durable
    Drums Traps A400 with rack
    Cymbals all Meinl
    Raker 14" HH
    Raker 20" heavy and 21" medium Rides
    Raker 16" medium & heavy crashes
    MB10 17" china
    Lightning 10" splash

Hardware: DW 5002 twin pedal, DW 9000 HH stand and Pearl BR-2000 stool, Adam CS-90 x1 cymbal boom stand

User Info Menu

I think now a days there is not much in the way of bad hardware, unless of course you purposely are buying super cheap no name light duty stuff. (like those snare stands you can buy for about 20 bucks etc...)

all the best...

User Info Menu

I'm a DW guy. All my hardware is a mix of the 5000 and 9000 series.

User Info Menu

It depends on what type of hardware.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

At the end of the day, I have no brand loyalty. I have hardware items of all kinds. All I expect from hardware is to hold something in the air so it can be hit. I doesn't make sound or create tone so I don't really care about it much. Having hardware is just easier than sitting on the floor to play the drums. LOL

all the best...