Thread: Recording updates

User Info Menu

Default Recording updates

Hey guys been a while since I have been actively posting. Life sort of got in the way ( I now have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and life as a dad is great!). Things have been settling down for me lately and I have been able to get in my studio( my signature link will take you my home studio build). I though I would share a couple of tunes my bro and I are working on. On both songs I am on the drums and back up Vox. My brother writes, composes and records the Lead vox, Lead and rhythm guitar as well as bass guitar. So it is just me and my bro so gonna be hard doing these live

Anyway here are the rough mixes. They by no means are the final but gives you a rough idea how my home studio sounds and records. Be gentle guys. My drumming is by no means close to a lot of you on the site.

https://soundcloud.com/user335121345/01-dogs-of-war

https://soundcloud.com/user335121345/glimmer-j-mix

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording updates

Sounds great, and your drumming is much better than you make it out to be, solid groove. Very impressed scrolling through the studio thread, I've only dreamed of a project so cool.
    Tama Swingstar 3 piece 1993 (refinished wine red)
    Ludwig Breakbeats (Azure Sparkle)
    1964 Ludwig Supra
    Old no-name Luan 12x8 tom/snare (refinished wine red)
    Mapex MPX 14"x5.5" snare (refinished in gloss black)
    Pearl Vision 14"x14" ft/snare (refinished wine red)
    Aquarian heads
    14" Sabian HHX Stage Hats
    15" Meinl Extra Dry Thin Hats
    18" Meinl Vintage Trash Crash
    18" Wuhan China
    18" Thin Zildjian Crash
    18" Thin Zildjian Crash with rivets
    19" Meinl Extra Dry Thin Crash
    22" Istanbul Mehmet Legend Dark Ride
    23" Matt Bettis Dry Ride

User Info Menu

Thanks for your kind words Luke. The second mix is sort of crappy as the mids are really scooped as I was not paying close attention on the mix compared to the first track which is mixed better and tracked better as well. The first track was tracked with my pro tools HD rig at 192k where where the second track was tracked with my old 002 at 48k. Also interestingly the second track was tracked in my room before I remodeled my studio and the first track was done in my remodeled studio.

User Info Menu

nucjd..sounds great. The drums sound fantastic. I wish I could book a studio that could produce a drum mix like that but don't have the $$. Great playing too man.
    Last edited by late8; 04-02-2015 at 04:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Man, you guys rocked it. Very original and refreshing.

Nice going!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That sounded great! I love hearing other DC drummer's work. Thanks for posting it up here.

TEx

User Info Menu

Thank you late8 for the compliment on my recordings. I really enjoy sitting in my control room and trying to mix. At the end though, I let my brother clean up my mess I made mixing

Bish.You are too kind. I do enjoy sharing some of our tracks though with you guys. We have probably about 15 or so songs we have composed and recorded.

Texdrumr. Thank you as well for the kind words.

User Info Menu

Here is a track called "Wake" which is closer to being finished tracked in my home studio.. https://soundcloud.com/user335121345/wake

User Info Menu

OK I promise to quit uploading tracks. Here is one called "Chalice" we recorded in the home studio.

https://soundcloud.com/user335121345/chalice