Thread: Monster Clamp Working Very Well

User Info Menu

Default Monster Clamp Working Very Well

I bought the Gibralter sc-ea300 clamp in order to attach the center shaft of my Iron Cobra 605 hi-hat stand to a nearby cymbal stand.
    Thereby allowing me to drill out the rivets and remove the tripod from the hi-hat............the result is this...........there is no clutter at the left foot area.................see below :

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Monster Clamp Working Very Well

Interesting set up. Glad it works for you. Thanks for posting the pics.

You are using a snare stand for your upper tom. What brand is that stand? I've always liked the looks of elliptical-legged stands.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Interesting set up. Glad it works for you. Thanks for posting the pics.

You are using a snare stand for your upper tom. What brand is that stand? I've always liked the looks of elliptical-legged stands.

GeeDeeEmm
    I bought that stand when I ordered my Gretsch USA shells in 1977; at that time, it was the best snare stand available and it could be purchased with an optional extension..............since I ordered that rack tom with no mount (virgin), I did not know if the extension would be needed or not............turned out I did need it back then, but not now.

That same stand is still working great at holding up my rack tom, which is a 9X13.
    The stand is a 1977 Ludwig Atlas snare stand.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    The stand is a 1977 Ludwig Atlas snare stand.
    Thought it looked familiar. When I got out of the Army in 1975 I immediately ordered a new set of Ludwig Classics and the then-new Atlas stands. They were good stands for the time.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Looking good! Glad it's working!