Thread: Men of Steel (Drums)

User Info Menu

Cool Men of Steel (Drums)

Now that d_c has made her first steps toward playin' steel drums, I thought I'd give ya a link to a cool steel drum website (even has instructions on how you can make your own pans if you're so inclined!)...

http://www.toucans.net/Gallery/aboutPan.html

As a preview: Did you know modern steel drums are a by-product of American involvement in the energy industry?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks, BB!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i wish i was a read'n kinda guy, id have so much more knowladge

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Men of Steel (Drums)

While this story is chiefly about a concert from a steel drum band at the University of Missouri visiting the nearby town of Belleville, Illinois Friday night (March 7), it has some great background on the history of steel drums...enjoy!

http://www.bnd.com/473/story/273851.html

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Default Re: Men of Steel (Drums)

HOLA como estas BONGOBRO*DRAGON CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST (CAT) GREAT LINK *Gracias *& Great KNOWLEDGE *

User Info Menu

Default Re: Men of Steel (Drums)

Thanks for sharing B-Bro , that was a nice right up in the paper , did you get a chance to see the concert ?

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Men of Steel (Drums)

The concert is tonight (Friday, March 7th); unfortunately, I will not be able to go...still catchin' up from a busy week on the job...with a little more advance notice, definitely would be there (didn't even see the article until I was in the break room at Wal-Mart last night!)

Charlie